overhead consoles

txbill

has anybody used any other overhead consoles other than tuffy,if so did it meet your expectations

who else makes them? I used had tuffy one, hated it.

LGR, did you recover your TJ? Where was it stolen from. That makes me worry, I usually leave my TJ parked on the streets. I didn't figure anyone would want to steal it since it doesn't look like a honda.

KrazyJeeper said:
LGR, did you recover your TJ? Where was it stolen from. That makes me worry, I usually leave my TJ parked on the streets. I didn't figure anyone would want to steal it since it doesn't look like a honda.

Nope, if it does get recovered..insurance company owns it now. Bought an XJ with the loot. Was stolen right in front of my house in north eastern NJ..i just parked it went inside to eat, came out and it was stolen..15 minute window.

LGR said:
Nope, if it does get recovered..insurance company owns it now. Bought an XJ with the loot. Was stolen right in front of my house in north eastern NJ..i just parked it went inside to eat, came out and it was stolen..15 minute window.

That really sucks!!!! You need to move to the country...........not too many thieves like the life style.

As far as the thread goes, no, I've never used an overhead console. The way I bounce around in the places I go, I'd be afraid of something flying out and whacking me in my head!!:lol:

When my cd player was stolen out of my jeep i picked up a tuffy box off ebay for like $120. So far i've loved it. Keeps my cd player locked up and safe from the elements. Warn your passengers though cause when they try to get in the back seat sometimes they'll bump their heads. Not a problem for me since i always drive though. Oh and the original mounting procedure with it just screwed into the metal above the windshield isn't strong enough. The screws will back out and it'll squeak(i had mine fall on me twice; once in a wreck and once offroad). Made a bracket to put it up with lock washers and it's still as tight as when i put it up there.

mud4feet said:
As far as the thread goes, no, I've never used an overhead console. The way I bounce around in the places I go, I'd be afraid of something flying out and whacking me in my head!!:lol:

Shoot, the way I bounce around, I have that problem with things lying under the seats!!!:lol:

Back