Paint Job

XtremeYJ

I know it really depends on the shop that I have it done, but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what i might pay to get my 92 YJ painted. I'm looking for a complete paint job, including a little bonding on tiny rusting spots. If anyone can give me estimates from experience or just knows, I'd really appreciate it!
[addsig]

kinda hard to tell without seeing it
image-missing.png

[addsig]

Most overall paint jobs that have some body repair to be done at a quality shop should start at about $2,000. Jeeps can be more because most of the time you need to strip out the interior and paint the inside of the tub. Prices will change greatly from shop to shop. Good luck.
[addsig]

ecor is correct.
But understand your dealing with a Jeep. We have follow Jeepers with outstanding paint jobs runing from $10.00 "hand camoflaged" beauties to $195.00 "One day" quickies to several thousand dollar show winners. Before making a paint decision, ask yourself what you want to do with your Jeep? Don't paint it so nice that you won't be able to enjoy it.
Whatever you choose, post some pics.
image-missing.png

[addsig]

Good point about deciding what you want to do with it. I plan on purchasing a fiberglass body. Any problems with applying paint to these ? Prices a little cheaper since no body work has to be done ? Or do they have to sand the tub before applying the paint ?

Thinking OD Green (late WW2 OD btw)/tan Interior or Camo with black

what ya think ?

ohh, its going on a 78 CJ7 [addsig]

I don't know what your purposes for your jeep are, but if it mainly for off-roading put a rhino-liner instead of paint! it looks pretty good and its definetly more durable than paint. If you don't know what rhino-liner is, it's a roll on coating to put in truck bed...it dries and you have a rough, durable liner to protect against the elements. for a normal everyday driver it's probably not a great idea. I saw an international scout II with a yellow rhino-liner paint job and it looked great, I'm thinkin of puttin' one on my jeep too. [addsig]

Hey Gang,

Maybe I can help some here, I own a Maaco auto painting franchise in Hampton, VA. Maaco has a paint service for most any budget. Anything from a cheap (inexpensive) Ambassador service for around 200 bucks, up to 850+ for a base clear. Most, if not all Maaco's do a pretty good job at body work, which will cost extra. Also, most will do the inside of the Jeep for an extra charge, we get 175 extra.

Bear in mind Maaco's are a production paint shop and, while my shop does nice work, and is usually in the top 15 in the chain, we don't do "show quality" work. If your looking for the show look then you may want to look elsewhere. However, for an economical service, you may want to try your local Maaco. I've been with Maaco for over 20 years now and know most of the owners. If you have any questions concerning any shop's reputation, just e mail me.

Not trying to sell anything, just offering some additional info. However, if anyone wants to travel to Hampton AND just so happens to need a paint job, well.......... [addsig]

id straight up spray paint it a nice gloss or primer black and leave it. if you're gonna offraod it theres no point in spendin good money to make it look show worthy, the mud will do that on its own. later once you've bought everything you could possibly think of for it, then and only then would i spend more than 100 bucks to get it painted. - master[addsig]

Back