Peugeot oil plug

odjeep

Ive been fixen on changing the transmission oil but i have yet to come by something to fit the transmission drain plug. It looks as though a 3/8 ratchet will fit it but its too big so i tried 1/4 and thats the too small. Is there a special socket that is made for this kind plug or do i have to grind down a 3/8 extension to make it fit. Any ideas? Thanks.

od

when i changed my transmission fluid i had to grind a bolt down to fit. then used a regular socket and rachet to take it out. i still have that bolt i made last year to do that too..lol...its worth holding on too i guess. :lol: none of my extensions would fit in the drain plug either.

Hi,

It actually is meant to use an 8mm square drive to remove that plug. Of course, It's not an easy size to find size. So what I did was grind down the end of a broken 3/8" drive extention (one that I had sheered down the middle), then welded a bolt to the end and it made a great tool :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Go buy yourself a cheap 3/8 small extension. Grind it down to fit. Remove bolt. Go to auto parts store and buy a normal plug and pitch that pos in the trash.

Thanks guys. I actually ended up doing what west747 said and squared off a bolt and it worked just fine. I hear ya derff96963 but the money has to be there first :) .

od

Back