Administrator
Staff member
2015-jeep-jeepster-test-mule-spy-shots_100453297_l.jpg

2015-jeep-jeepster-test-mule-spy-shots_100453298_l.jpg

2015-jeep-jeepster-test-mule-spy-shots_100453299_l.jpg

2015-jeep-jeepster-test-mule-spy-shots_100453300_l.jpg

2015-jeep-jeepster-test-mule-spy-shots_100453301_l.jpg

MotorAuthority said:
Jeep’s long-awaited subcompact crossover has been spotted again, although at present the vehicle is still in its early stages of development. Pictured above is only a test mule, with the final version expected in showrooms late in the year or in early 2015.

<snip>

The new Jeepster will share its underpinnings with a similar sized model from Fiat, dubbed the 500X. Those underpinnings are a shortened version of the front-wheel-drive platform found in the 500L (a different design to that in the smaller Fiat 500), which has been modified to feature an all-wheel-drive setup.

It will primarily be an on-road vehicle, however. Front-wheel drive will be standard, but an all-wheel-drive trail-rated option will be available for those needing some off-road capability. Power will come from four-cylinder engines, most likely those fitted to the existing 500 and 500L models from Fiat.

2015 Jeep Jeepster Spy Shots

Dead ringer for the original Willy Jeepster right? ;)

1948_Willys_Jeepster.jpg

That's horrible. I can't believe Jeep would allow their name to be put on that thing, but I guess at this point, given Fiat's been given the go-ahead to purchase the remaining shares of Chrysler, it's their call...

Man, couldn't they have named it something else? The cheapster seems to fit.

Most of the time when they use the name of a retro vehicle it in some way looks like the one they stole the name from.

Man, couldn't they have named it something else? The cheapster seems to fit.

Most of the time when they use the name of a retro vehicle it in some way looks like the one they stole the name from.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Sh*tster."

I agree w Flatie. Doesnt resemble Jeepster at all. Being as it is one of my fav models, I am disappointed to say the least. The new Cherokee is something less than awful in the same respect.

Never really took a shine to the Jeepster or the jeep phaetons but seeing this new ( I can't even call it a jeep ) "thing" , I can honestly say if someone pulled up to me standing on the corner , and offered a ride , I'd say no thank you , I think I'll wait for the bus.
The only comeback retro's I've seen that I like are the camaros and the challengers and somewhat the chargers . I'm old school like GENNYBRO to an extent so I am hard to please at new sheet metal. Heck , I was happy replacing points and condensers once or twice a year !

P.S. - flatline 46 got it right . More money for less jeep , were being cheated , back to the drawing board . Melt it down and bring back the CJ . I'd be afraid for them mess up an American icon though .

Yikes!!! That looks a lot like a deformed-Stretched VW bug.... What an ugly 4 dough Mo Fo... Yes, melt or compress it and start over...

Last edited:
Back