Please Pray for JHiggins' family & friends

WOW, My GOD. J is gone. I had been away from the board for about a month, and I came back so I could get in contact with J so we could get together for some wheeling. J has to be one of my favorite people to talk to on this board. He was always asking me to drive on up there to go out on the trail with him and other Jeepers. I really enjoyed J way of thinking, and I was only too anxious to go wheeling with him. May God take care of him and his family. Wow, this hit me harder than what I expected..........

I've been away from the baord for a few weeks too and I sure didn't expect this. It's funny how much you get to know someone just from seeing pictures, reading words and chatting with someone online. J. was funny, intelligent and kinda a big brother to all of us Jeepers. He's gonna be missed. I was really looking forward to wheeling with him this fall in Spring, Texas. :cry: But I know he's wheelin' that Mountain up in Heaven. We'll miss you J.!

I cant believe Josh is gone . . . . i have been away from the board for since the 23rd and i just got back today. I had been reading some other post and in the signitures it said Josh will be missed and things along that line and i thought he had just moved or something and lost his internet, but i had no idea. I loved talking to Josh and he always helped me out, it humored me to come on and see JHiggans as the last post in every forum everytime i got on, just knowing he was a freindly person and loved to try to help out. He will be greatly missed here at jeepz.com and i hate to see someone so nice have something so bad happen to them. He had a lot of things going for him and its saddens me to hear of things like this happening, we need to get a trail named him his memory so he will never be forgotten. Life isnt about the present or past, its about how you will be remembered in the future. . . i'll think about you everytime i get into my jeep or hit the trail. I dont know what else to say, just death hits me so hard . . . . we'll always remember you and i hope your family gets through this tragedy . . . . :cry:

tango 3,
tango 3,

This is K9 over.

tango 3,
tango 3,

This is K9 over

tango 3,
tango 3,

This is k9 over,,

All units be advised.....
Tango 3 is 10-7.

I've missed you all lately. been offline.

At Josh's home today on his lap top.
Paying my final respects to one who I had come to love as a little brother.

Some people you meet and you know you will be friends for a lifetime, sometimes their life may be short, but Josh gave me memories that will last until the end of my life.

Josh So many of us loved you and look forward to seeing you again.
Kena didn't understand why you weren't here today.

Jeepz - thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support.
The family was very touched by your card and donations and the continued effort on naming a trail.

Cassie has given me permission to list her email address here:

cass4881@hotmail.com

she is also now able to access jeepz per jhiggins id and passwords.

so any future postings by the name jhiggins, comes from the woman he had chose to spend his life with. Treat her well and with respect, for I view her as family too.

Thanks to all for your prayers, I have felt them, they help

USMPK9 out.

jesus. im sorry guys, but i really hate this stuff. ive been avoiding this topic since i first read it. no matter how much death i brush against, it never gets easer. u always like to tink u have a handle on things but sometimes, sometimes....
reggie

I haven't been a member very long, and Jhiggins was one of the 3 or 4 people I had talked to. He was so friendly and full of great advice, and I am sorry to hear that he is no longer here with us on this earth. I am so happy to hear that he was a Christian. I bet he's Jeepin' with Jesus, and tearing up those streets of gold!!! My thoughts and prayers are with his family, and all of you. Take comfort in the knowledge that he has never been happier than he is now.
Belssings,
Neia

I never had the honor of meeting Jhiggins, but after reading many of your posts I have come to realize he was more than just a smart fellow jeeper, he was a remarkable individual who touched the lives of all that knew him. My prayers go out to his family and friends, I know he will be missed and that it will be hard, but he will never be forgotten, even by those who never knew him.

I haven't been on jeepz in a while now so this comes as quite a shock to me. Jhiggins was such a nice guy...he helped me out with many of my jeep questions and problems. He is indeed sorely missed :(

3 years ago...... I carried my baby brother to his finally resting.
For all of us, a time to remember,,,, simply what one can do to
help others and share what we have learned.

USMPK9.......OUT!!!

This old "War Dawg Handler" was once known for extrapulated musings....
now I remind you of what IS the foundation of JEEPZ...
and what a true Legacy means....

our founding brothers and sisters wrote the following..
take some time and following the past in honoring those
who have gone before us... to blaze the trail.

Tug and pull:
Sure am glad to see this post again. There are factabout each of you that need to be reviewed again from time to time. Many of the members have not post on this one yet and would love to see a bit more about each of you. This is one of my presonal all time favorit post cause it goes a bit deeper than most into the people that make jeepz a great place to hang out! tug

SNITTY:
ok, first i must touch up on something i've seen said repeated often in this topic... "I don't know him personally"... ok, no, most of us have not met him physically... but personally, we all have... his person, the person he lived as, the person who we will continue to keep as an influence to us being exactly what/where/who we are at any moment. We may not have ever met his physical body, but we have all come to know his character. An impact one makes on another is not due to having met the matter a person is made of, but rather the interaction one has with another. And that includes the information, humor, criticism, and all words we've ever recieved from Josh. And that is exactly what has brought every one of us here at Jeepz.com to feel the impact of this tragedy. A tragedy which has taken away a great part of this group.. and being a memeber of this group, I can personally feel exactly what was taken away. The life of any person is something that we wish we could always hold, but will always have to let go of eventually. But yet, his personality, his character, the information he has provided, the humor and sarcasm he incorporated in his statements, that has not left us, that is all something we are able to hold on to. And something I am sure we will all keep, and hold with high respect.

To all of you, if you are a believer in a higher life than what we live on this earth, remember to include in your prayers every person he has impacted, and the people who interacted with him during his life, most of all, his friends and family. Remember that he is now off to a head start in a much better life.

If you are not a believer, please think of the ways that he has interacted with the people in his life. Think of the ways he interacted with your life, being a very active member in this group. If you are not a believer in that he will move to a much better place, then please help keep his character alive, help keep the person he was, continue to be a part of our lives.

On Sep 23, 2002, Josh joined Jeepz.com and has since been a great influence in helping every member. He made sure to comment and touch on every post he possibly could, whether informative, sarcastic, or just to give the feel that someone DOES care about our questions, no matter how complicated, easy, or silly the question was... In under a year, he has spent a LARGE amount of time with us members here... Who is with me on showing his loved ones at home a symbol of our appreciation in form of a gift?

Last edited:
Wheel on, Josh. You were here and gone before I ever came aboard, but I have felt your presence and your legacy. A while back, I spent some time reading some of your posts, and got a feel for your personality. You were a person I could have called a friend very easily. I am saddened for those who knew you and lost you, and more deeply saddened that I never got to know you on this earth. We will meet one day in a higher realm, and I will call you my brother.

Back