Please vote for my rig to compete in TTC

Rock Mafia

Fellow JeeperZ,

I humbly ask your support to vote for my Jeep in the April issue of Four Wheeler magazine. I'm #35 and will put on a show if I get picked.

pics and clips
http://www.fototime.com/inv/4D22E9833CE1CCE

Here is the specs on the jeep
Please vote #35 TTC!!
2005 unlimited "Rock Mafia" edition Ram Jet 350 with NOS
Full Width Dana 60's front and rear,PSC doubled ended ram hydro steering,Atlas T-case,High Angle Driveline shafts,Trail Ready wheels'47 inch Swamper LTB'S,Detroits,5:38 gears,4 links front and rear. All 1-1/4 inch rod ends,Sway-a-Way coilovers,Front and rear winches,Stretched wheelbase to 116",Custom Cage,Frame has been back halved,CTM axle joints,Custom drive flanges,Chromo axle shafts,35 spline shafts in the rear Dana 60,35 spline inner and outer shafts in the Front 60,a lot of custom Blue Torch parts

Post up if you want more video...here it is with the stock 4.0 liter
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6026947292069375006

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:

Rock Mafia (Bob?), I am fairly new to this site so I can't say I speak for everyone, but how about some history? Where you from, how long you been wheelin, when did you find this site? And etc. I know many people like myself found this site way long after we were Jeep parents so please give us some history. Thanks, KJ. By the way, it's Jeepz, not JeeperZ.

I realize its Jeepz but what is the plural for the members?

lol

Anyway here is some history: I have been wheeling since I was 16 but only seriously since about 1993 when I bought my first Jeep a 1993 wrangler. I played with on 33 until I bought a 99 tj which I built and was running on 39's. This was fun but I kept breaking the dana 44 axles and ripping my frame and brackets off.

I was determined to have a jeep that did not break (as much) and I neded more room in the back for my kids. When the unlimited came out I had to get one, I had previously bought a set of junk yard Dana 60's for my 99 TJ and decided I would start over with the LJ.

I'm not a fabricator so I started to call around to see who could build a custom lift that would handle the abuse I dish out. BlueTorchfab had the deal of a lifetime, they would build my jeep and do it in a mere 17 days! They were going to film the entire build on TV and deliver the jeep to Moab EJS.

I had no clue as to what the jeep looked liked until they came over the hill by dump and bump to deleiver it.

Here is the link to the tv show promo.

http://www.xfaboffroad.com/

Thanks,
Bob

I'm from Montana but live in Louisiana. I have been to Moab, Gilmer, San Antonio, Hot Springs, Clayton, Johnson Valley, Gray Rock and Farmington.

Bob

your on my ballot already, but dan dibble is ahead of you :D, sorry i just know dans gonna go balls out and cant wait to see it, but your on my ballot!

I appreciate the vote! If Dibble don't get in and I won it wouldn't be a "real" win. You know what I mean?

Thanks,
Bob

Rock Mafia said:
I'm from Montana but live in Louisiana. I have been to Moab, Gilmer, San Antonio, Hot Springs, Clayton, Johnson Valley, Gray Rock and Farmington.

Bob

The word Montana strikes a bell as I am a native stuck in the cruel confines of Cali.

You got my vote.....any chance you could use a fello Montanan as a pit member?? I do live close to Hollister???

OK how do I submit my vote?? Do I have to subscribe? Yes I am dumb to many sheep and such!!

Best Regards,

PJ

Last edited:
The old sheep jokes huh? I have a few myself baaaaaaa lol

You do not have to subscribe to vote but you have to buy a magazine in rder to get a voting ballot. The deadline for getting them in is the end of the month.

I'm not sure who is coming out with me yet if I get to go. I will surely keep a native Montana guy in mind...

Thanks for voting,
Bob

Jeepnutz said:
The word Montana strikes a bell as I am a native stuck in the cruel confines of Cali.

You got my vote.....any chance you could use a fello Montanan as a pit member?? I do live close to Hollister???

OK how do I submit my vote?? Do I have to subscribe? Yes I am dumb to many sheep and such!!

Best Regards,

PJ

what part of the state are you from and what are you doing in Ca?

bob

Rock Mafia said:
what part of the state are you from and what are you doing in Ca?

bob

Flathead class of '87 (Kalispell)

Live in Sacramento a mere 3 hours from the TTC! Also pretty versed with the park as I have ben there at least 15 times in the past 3 years.

Used to be a telecom/DC power tech....laid off.

Currently inrolled in WYOTECH, West Sacramento campus starting in April.

Been here doing the COMM/Power thing for the last 9 years.

Best Regards,

PJ

I'm from Missoula class of 84 Hellgate. I have a bunch of cousins that live in Whitefish and graduated the same time frame as you. They owned a roller skating rink and one of them was a great baseball player. Billy Walker is his name.

Bob

When I saw you post up last week, I wondered if you were the one with the pimped out Blue Torch Unlimited. I was at Gray Rock when you and the BTF crew were on Poison Rock behind our group. When was that, last June?? or was it back in the spring??
Anyway, nice looking Jeep. I have ridden with Dibble also and I hope both of you make it into the competition.
Next time you are at Gray Rock, look for the Rooster Mobile (blue CJ with yellow tube work).

I cant remeber when I was there ....but that was me with the small engine and tires... I'm trying to get back there for a ride the end of this month...Check out the new tires.
standard-7.jpg

standard-8.jpg

47 vs 49

standard-9.jpg

Thanks #35 Bob

MMMMM I saw that post the other day, those are going on your rig huh... Man I'm glad I put you on my ballot, I just want to see a set of those on a Jeep. Haha, good luck, and if you beat Dibble you've done a hell of a job, give him a run for his money just so it gets reall entertaining.

I had no idea they were making a 47" Irok. Are you running them or the 49's?
I have a spanking new set of Irok 42's with the stickers still on them. I can't wait to test them out.

redrooster said:
I had no idea they were making a 47" Irok. Are you running them or the 49's?
I have a spanking new set of Irok 42's with the stickers still on them. I can't wait to test them out.

Those are LTB'S in the 47 inch variety. I'm running them as soon as my rig gets the final stages of the engine put in.

Thanks,
Bob

I realized that they were LTB's after I posted. I think I like the design better than the Irok. I wonder how they compare in the weight and traction department?
I am impressed with the Irok, though I haven't ridden mine yet. I have 3 psi in the tires with no sidewall bulge. That's better than I could say for the Boggers they replaced. I try to run minimal tire pressure without reducing the ground clearance. That was around 5 psi with the boggers, seems to be at 3psi with the Iroks. I will have to see what the sidewalls do off camber at 3 psi. I may have to raise the pressure to keep them from folding under.
Anyway, that's a little off topic. If I can find what I did with my magazine, I will mail off the ballot. Are they doing an online ballot?

The engine is in and tires mounted..I'll put up some pics and video shortly.

Thanks for the votes!

Bob

Back