Polyurethane air hoses - anyone used them?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I was in Harbor Freight the other day and noticed that they offer Polyurethane air hoses. The thing that peaked my interested what the diameter of the hose was quite a bit smaller than the traditional rubber hose, and I bet I could get another 25 feet or so on my hose reel if I switched over. It's also quite a bit cheaper than traditional hose.

Anyone used these before? Are they better or worse than traditional rubber hoses?

100 Ft. x 1/4" Polyurethane Air Hose

image_21250.jpg

This polyurethane air hose is reinforced with braided fibers for higher pressure and longer life
Extremely lightweight, flexible and durable in all climates
Heavy duty braided reinforcement
360° brass fittings
Max pressure:250 PSI
Inside diameter: 1/4"
Length: 100 ft.
Thread size: 1/4"-18 NPT
Temperature range: -30° to 150° F

I don't see a problem with it unless you run air tools with it. You need all the volume you can get with an impact wrench.

I use one I like how the hose flexes better than some rubber hoses and they weigh a lot less. I'm in construction so I can't comment on using pneumatic tools, but they work great for nail guns an the such.

I've gone through a couple of them, I found in warm weather they work great but in cold weather they crack easy if you drop anything on them, otherwise a good product

We use them in my machine shop and they work great. I am not sure about cold weather because I live in Florida. We use them mainly for air blowers for the parts.

Back