Pro Comp 5" lift coil conversion

aroy

I have a 1990 Wrangler and been thinking about the Pro Comp 5" coil conversion. Just wondering if anyone has done one. If so how does it perform? I have a 3 1/2" spring lift with it sprung over. On the RTI 30 degree ramp it posted a 572. Looking for more flex for bitter rock crawling and trail use.
Any thoughts are welcome.

What brand of leaf packs are you running?

How much more flex do you need? Some longer shackles should let the springs flatten out easier, and some buggy springs in the rear would add alot of droop....if you wanted to play around with your current setup. You might be able to remove a short leaf from your spring pack to let it flex a little easier. This would come at the cost of lift height, spring life, and load carrying ability.
Is it possible that your shocks might be limiting travel at all? I know that's basic, but you can usually find a way to tweak any leaf setup for some extra flex if you look hard enough.

The coil conversions are neat. I'd like to see some pics if you do it.

Pro comp makes the most low quality stuff. If you do buy a full coil over conversion kit look into rockrawler suspensions and black diamond. Those two seam to have a good kit out.

Back