pro comp mt's vs at's

BostonJeep

okay im ordering my tires today, goin with 32"

i REALLY like the agressive look of the m/t, but living in new england we get alot of snow. am i in trouble? I've heard mud tires are awful in snow, but heard good things about this tire. should i just go with the a/t? I go offroading about once a month.... TIA

ps -sorry for another tire question ( seems like all my mods always follow what people are talkin about on here at the time)

Well, you really do very little 4 wheeling to justify the begative effects of the Mt's . In my opinion, I would rather get the versatility of the At's rather than just the look of the Mt's. Just my .02 cents -al

Are your A/T's really worn???? you can use them for street driving, and the M/T's for off road on factory rims if you still have them. Just a thought, you will just have to deal with the looks!!! the choice is up to you.

What are you trying to acheive?
1. performance
2. looks
3. versatility
4. bad a$$ meat under your lift!!!!

Yeah my a/t's are shot ray.

I bought this car cause of its "go-anywhere-ness" so the last thing i want to do is limit its capabilities. Do i 100% need mud tires? no. But i really like the way they look, will be doing some offroading with them, and am afraid i'm going to regret not buying them if i dont.

I don't care about road noise or anything like that,
Really all i want to know is if i'm gonna be screwed in the snow or if there is another large negative affect i should be aware of. thanks guys

k i splurged. bought the mt's. if they are bad in the snow, ill splurge again and put studs in, they're pre-drilled for it.

image-missing.png

Got 4 tires, life time no questions asked replacement warranty (anything besides normal wear), with shipping, under 600$.

Past week ive ordered brush guards, lift, and tires. OH MAN!!!

Unless you have a buddy with the stud tool nobody will stud them after you have driven on them. But I noticed they are "siped" and will probably be fine in the snow. Most mud tires are not siped which is were the opinion comes from for being lame in the white stuff. Think of sipes as little fingers or the body of a caterpilar, much better traction since they flex and conform easily.

I think you will be perfectly happy with them.

Bounty, or anyone with a YJ with TJ flare

I use mine in the snow, the only issue is the large voids can get clogged with snow. But as long as you keep moving, the tire will spit out the snow and you will be alright. Honestly, They will be 10 times better than riding around on those balognia skins your sporting now!

Back