putting up soft top for first time

randymack

I have a '97 TJ sport. bought it used 6 mos. ago with bikini top on. Prev. owner NEVER put up soft top. He has no Manual or Ideas on how its done. what i have/see

door surrounds are on.
clips above visors on front windshield
metal brackets on Rear of Jeep above back door.

the soft top is rolled up nicely in the down position in back inside a black snap-case covering. so i will take off bikini top (i see turn-knobs holding cloth in place) take out the soft top,attach bottom of soft top to rear metal clips, raise soft top over cab then attach what to what? what goes in doorsurrounds? what goes in front clips?

thanks for help/suggestions.

Nice directions.I was going to try and describe it but there is a lot of little things to do that are hard to describe.

I started to but kept typing "tracks" and "rails" and "snaps" My eyes were rolling in my own head.....I knew his would too.

well the problem with that .pdf document is thats not what i hev. that looks like newer tops. mine is a 97. I'll just five it a try with no info and see what happens...then be back with questions.

If you have a question or problem, try to post a picture of what you mean. May make things easier.

well the problem with that .pdf document is thats not what i hev. that looks like newer tops. mine is a 97. I'll just five it a try with no info and see what happens...then be back with questions.

I have a 97 TJ and that pdf fits my top.You may have a sun rider or something like that.Post some pics if you have problems.

since my jeep is a Arizona desert rat, whats a top? lol . can't help. my cj had a top that came with it in 73, found out last year it was dry rotted and sun cooked. It fell apart as I was trying to install it on my jeep.

not in January but many trips from Buckeye to Wilhoit and then up to prescott. in winter I stayed out in Rainbow Valley and played out in the desert.

It's snowing here now....not enough though! Any luck yet Randymack? Talk to us.....tell us something.

yeah i got the top up...seems ok. havent been on the highway yet...just not sure its 100% as it should be...

I don't know about TJ tops cause I have a YJ, but on a YJ top the rear windows will blow around like the ****ens at interstate speeds. Don't freak out, they seem like they're gonna blow away, but they PROBABLY won't :lol:

Back