Quadra-drive II

TwistedCU

RE: Gas tank fix

On the new Commander, there will be three 4WD systems avalable. The Quadra-drive II looks like a pretty sweet setup. Full time 4WD, with electronic limited slip differentials. 100% torque can be applied to one wheel at a time when needed or a 48/52 percent front to rear torque split under normal conditions.

In low range (25mph max), the transfer case fully locks, giving equal torque to all 4 wheels, having them turn in unison. Sounds like fully locked to me.

I am not sure, but I assume this is an IFS Jeep, which makes it very undesireable to an avid offroader. I just thought the technology was noteworthy.

Oh, and well... it is kinda ugly too.

http://www.jeep.com/commander/home_flash.html?section=&edirect=

I didn't think it was fully locked in any instance except when it's in low range. I think it's a torque biasing system that transfers torque to both axles, but transfers all of the torque to one axle if the other one becomes unloaded. Seems more like a traditional car type AWD mixed with normal fulltime 4WD to me, but with the low-lock to get you out of trouble.???.... :?

July 3rd - West Harrison

Right. Full time 4WD similar to AWD, but it can transfer torque to all 4 wheels, just one wheel, or any 2 of them as needed. It's all electronically controlled (at tranfer case and differentials) and the torque will not be applied equally in high range. Most AWD systems wont have torque at all 4 wheels at any one time.

Yes, it is only truly locked (equal torque and wheel speed to all 4 wheels) in low range.

http://www.cartv.com/content/resear...1/make/Jeep/MAKE_VCH/Jeep/MODEL_VCH/Commander

Here's a CarTV review of the Commander that lets you get a good look at it.

I'm not so sure about anything Jeep makes anymore, except the Wranglers. Even with the SWB line, there are alot of things coming that we don't want.....or at least I don't want. How long do you think it will before the Unlimited comes with four doors?.......and leather, and a DVD player for the rear passengers. Might as well throw some rear ac controls in there for them too. Maybe we could totally screw up the model designations and call the Hemi powered ones the LJ-SRT8 or some crap like that....After they go to IRS, they will have plenty of room to make that unsightly rear seat fold flat into the floor so that the wifes new antiques have a place to ride home. Crap, it's all crap. I don't know what I'm going to do when we get ready to trade in the WJ :?

Back