Question about my transmission/clutch on my 1986 jeep cherokee 4cy

pinned

I recently purchased a 86 jeep cherokee.

It runs good, and is cool, but when I purchased it the person who changed the clutch says the old one burnt out or whatever but since he installed the new one for some reason he cannot get it to engage to shift into gear. its a manual trans, and i am lost on what to do.. anyone have some ideas information for me please help, thanks[addsig]

I have a problem with my clutch that's getting fixed tomorrow. The master broke and leaked clutch fluid (it's a hydrolic). I dont know what your's has, but if it's the other clutch, the line connecting your peddle to the clutch itself could either be loose or disconnected. Does it drive without use of the clutch peddle? -Mike[addsig]

I have a hydrolic cluth also, I have replaced the master clutch cylendar, and slave cylandar, It seems to have presure when i press on the clutch but when i turn the vehical on, and press in clutch it will not go into gear for the life of me, I have not tried jamming it or anyhing but put some nice muscle into it and wouldnt go into gear, any ideas on what could be wrong...........ANYONE PLEASE REPLY! I am going to take it back apart tomorrow and hopefully fix the problem. thanks![addsig]

I don't know too much about clutches, but I have to keep pumping mine before i start it. I think because it builds up pressure. Try doing that and see if you can get in gear. Give it a good amount of pumps...a couple dozen. -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I doubt that is going to solve my problem, but I will try it even though today i was doing that multiple times, I also bleed the lines today for it.. so I think its going to be something a little more dificult that an easy task of pumpin the peddle a couple times hehe.. well if anyone else has some information please help![addsig]

Back