Question about Spanish radio

Jeeper84

RE: Slip Yoke

Ok, this is a serious question. I'm not joking around, trying to be racist, or offend anyone. Sometimes I'll be flipping through the stations on my radio and I'll hit a Spanish channel. Somewhere along ALMOST every song there's a guy doing a crying/whining/laughing type vocalization. Here's my question (s)... which of the three is it? What are most of the songs about? and is this music kind of the equivilant to American pop music? Thanks -Mike

I believe what you are thinking about is called a "Grito". "Ahhhhhh Hay-hay-hay!" It's the national "Cry of independence" from the French. "Grito de Dolores". Has trancended into most Mexican music as a rallying cry.

It's of Mexican origin, but I have heard things similar in other "Hispanic" songs. It's the equivalent of a "Hee-Haw" in older country. A standard yell to emote enthusiasm. Mostly, it's a happy cry.

Usually heard in "Ranchero" or "Mariachi".

you learn something new everyday. I like watching the spanish channels on tv better. I dont know what they are saying but it looks a whole lot more interesting than the Friends rerun.

And maybe the fact that the girls are "BEYOND-RIDICULOUS-HOT" might have something to do with it! :wink:

I watched every "Novella" with Thalia in it.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

HELLLLLOOOO!!! :shock: Viva Mexico!!

Back