Question about sway bar disconnects

Craig

I've had my sway bar off since the day I bought my jeep. I put new suspension in the same day I bought it which was about 3 years ago. I'm finding that since my suspension is getting older I'm getting a lot more body roll around corners so I'm thinking it's time to put the sway bar back in with some quick disconnects. I've heard some of the brands of quick disconnects out there aren't so good and are a pain in to hook back up once disconnected. Just wondering what experience other people here have had with the different brands out there. I might even make up my own with a pin and cauder pin.

I have teraflex on my cj. I like them they are easy to put on and take off. They also come completely off so I do not have to tie them up. Some of the people in my club have JKS and they love them. they make adjustable ones. One also has the currie antirock swaybars. You do not have to disconnect them and he says they also help when on steep hills some how. The antirock are a little more expensive.

I have JKS on my YJ and love em. I had to drill out one of the holes to make it easier to disconnect but other than that they have been great.

what ever disconects u buy make usure u get a good brand im on my third set for some reason i keep snaping mine....???? dont know why????

jeepin916 said:
what ever disconects u buy make usure u get a good brand im on my third set for some reason i keep snaping mine....???? dont know why????
Do you have your trac bar in? If it's not in, you're axle is probably shifting side to side which could cause your disconnects to break.

Questions about TJ's

I bought a Pair from Rubicon Express about 2 1/2 years ago. My buddy made his own with a piece of thick walled tubing and they worked great. I guess it all depends on whether you want to spend the money on a set or the time building them. My buddies and mine both do the same job, equally well.

heheheheehe Find out what kind PASmokeater got from ecor and do not get them I will post pics later to show you why. hehehehe Tug

I have skyjacker double disconnect and they have worked flawless for 9 months. I did have to dirll out one hole to for easier reinstilation of the pin, but nothing major!

Johnny

Back