radio help

bluejeeper

I have a yj jeep is turned off and key is out the radio is still on and plays I have know idea what the problem could be any help thanks a lot [addsig]

there are two wires on the back of a head unit for power. one is for storing the radio presets and other memory functions, while the other powers the unit when the key is in. the one for memory is always powered, so i'm assuming that your wires are crossed/connected/backwards or otherwise, screwed up. hope that helps![addsig]

Sounds like something to do with the Remote wire... as dingus said, it's the wire that tells the unit that the key is in.... The remote wire is the one that is used to tell amps and power antenaes that the power is on. This is the one I would be looking at... unfortunately... I don't know what color it is on a YJ,

Hope that helps.[addsig]

a simple voltmeter/test light will help you find out which wire is which tho... don't sweat![addsig]

thankes for the help guys i don't know what happend but every thing seams ok now have to keep an eye on it [addsig]

sounds like some of your wires are exposed and touch sometimes... i'd check that out before it sparks and causes a fire/explosion...[addsig]

Back