Replacement Seats

H2oSki2Live

Any experienced words of wisdom on this subject?

I need to put in a new rear seat. Not going to buy from the junkyard. Currently have grey front seats, considering switching out all seats to Spice or Tan.

That said, trying to decide between Neoprene covered seats or vinyl covered seats. Cost seems about similar.

What do you all think?

YJ is black in exterior color.

Oh yeah, also going to be buying a softop so want to decide on the interior color before I buy the top.

The 'soft top material' seat covers are around $90 for the front pair
(all colors available, fits tight, looks like new seats)
and have withstood my K9s claws, mud, and being drenched on a regular
occasion. (pulled the drain plugs in 2000 and never put them back,
running only a bikini and not caring about the elements)

one cheap option if the seats are still good, The nice thing is dog hair,
mud, whatever doesn't 'stick' to the material and it's basically water proof.

Just 2 cents, talk to 50 others and you'll have a dollar. :)

K9 OUT

I agree. I just bought a set of the Bestop seat covers for my YJ. Love 'em. Nice tight fit and they make the seats look like the high-back CJ7 seats. They added a little cushion to the seats as well, but I don't know how long that will last.

I'd post a pic but I can't find my digital camera. when I find it if this thread is still alive I'll take a pic.

Great options there. What I am going to end up doing is buying a new rear seat, but for $90 I might just go the route of seat covers for my front seats and save the $$$.

Where did you all pick up your seat covers?

ebay link

I have a pair of these seats that I bought when they were under the Steel Horse brand name. They are about 3 yrs old now and still look new. They are comfy and waterproof when it rains.

My YJ is a '95 and I was looking at the Bestop seat covers for the front seat. Appears that they don't have a seat cover for the '95. Has anyone purchased the seat covers that are for the '94 or earlier model and put them on their '95?

Back