Rhino Liner VS. Line X

plarivee

i called the local Rhino liner shop and for some reason they will not do the interior tub of my TJ, when i was in FL a shop quoted me 600 for the entire tub, but for some reason this shop wont:???:, i called a Line X shop and he said he would spray it for 500. has anyone tried out Line X? i know Rhino Liner has a good reputation but i haven't herd anyone Trying out the Line X, any input would be great, thanks

I had line x in my truck and was happy with it, although i've never used rhino liner, i would use line x again

customer has line x on a truck bed that overlaps the top of the bed went through a hail storm i replaced his hood and roof, the top of the bed had no damage

I have Line-X in my pick-up bed & love it. I had it sprayed when the truck was new in 2002 & it still looks as good as new!! I also had Line-X sprayed on the inside & bottom of my new CJ tub before mounting it to the frame. It looks great & I'm sure it will hold up as well,but I haven't finished the CJ yet so I can't say more.(yet)I have pictures posted on my "Jeep Build" thread(EugeneII '78CJ)

I have Line X on my bumbers and sliders, and I have Rhino on the tub. Overall, Line X is a little harder (the compound), but both have worked well. For smaller areas, I think Line X has the advantage, though... It seems to stick better for some reason, but for the tub, either one would work just fine.

As for them being heat resistant, neither one will work as to protect against heat (being black, they tend to get hot, actually), but they will have some insulation qualities against sound (a little against heat as well, but not that much).

As for them being heat resistant, neither one will work as to protect against heat (being black, they tend to get hot, actually), but they will have some insulation qualities against sound (a little against heat as well, but not that much).

I think Sheppard10 might be talking about heat from the CAT that could wreck the liner on the floor over time if it can't take the heat.

I think Sheppard10 might be talking about heat from the CAT that could wreck the liner on the floor over time if it can't take the heat.

In that case, it will hold up fine to the heat...

I have put Line X on my jeep..I had my hardtop sprayed, my corner guards, and some of the doors. I like it..I got the black that looks like it has a glossy clear on it. Its been around 2 yrs and still looks like day one. :shock::shock: I have some pics in here..

I've had Line X in my pick up bed since 2001, it is filthy, horribly faded and chalky, but still tough as heck. no peeling, no chipping. if I ever buy a new truck (never) I'd do it all over again.

I've used both for years and think they are about the same. I have had Line X in the tub of my CJ for about 9 years and it has faded a little but I doubt will ever come off. More likley the rest of the jeep will rust around it.

One thing to consider when having the inside of the tub done is components. I recently had to replace the floor swith for my high beams and had a heck of a time becasue the bolts and mount were covered. Ended up sing a sodder gun to melt and cut it out.

I would tape off anything that may ever need to be replaced. I would also have them do any accessories at the same time as it will cost little to nothing while doing the rest.

Back