Roll over

well its funny soon has his tires stopped it rolled over,Ive been doing this for 20 yrs rolled a few times,nothing like that but have laid it over on its side more than once actually I was at superlift in Ar. last week and did it there on a crossing,it didnt just roll over because it was top heavy,mod or not he hit his brakes tires stopped and it rolled thats my call,you call it what you want,but thats what I see.

go ahead hit your brakes and your Wangler will do the same thing,turn the wheel and go down the hill,dont stop then back up or roll down and then put on your brakes at a angle

I think he waited too long to turn left, his turn was far too sharp, but I think the #1 problem was too much air in his tires.

I didn't think it was that difficult to see what happened...rolled back down a side hill, back tire hit a spot that caused them to stop suddenly (and the fact he was slightly on the brakes the whole time didn't help with his situation when he hit that bump), front tire slid out a bit, and then newton's law kicked in where an object in motion tends to stay in motion. All that motion went to the easiest route...down the hill.

Anyhoo...yes it's a good reminder to keep your body parts in the rig at all times, and strap your gear down GOOD! And putting your heavy cooler in a flimsy rack sticking out the back doesn't count!

Oh and ya he needed to let WAY more air out before going up that hill. His tires should have never slipped at all going up that.

That was awful...on another note, I would like to comment on Irene's testimony...what a great example of fellow Jeeper's goodheartedness, right down to caring for the Jeep Dog! Just sweet.
X2... aired down mita helped. Live and learn (key word here being live!)

Last edited:
I'd like to point out something that was done wrong after the wreck (probably). They should NOT have gotten them out of the jeep and walked them down the hill.

In a rollover like that, back and neck injuries are very common. I'm assuming since there was a chopper there, they called it in, unless there was a chance of fire or worse injury, they should have been left in the vehicle with their bodies and necks supported, a good way to do that is to shove clothing and bags into the voids beneath them.

I STRONGLY suggest people get wfr training, it's not expensive and very valuable. If they had the training, in the event that there was a threat of fire, they could have supported the back and necks of the patients and extracted them safely to wait for the chopper.

People are willing to put thousands of dollars and hours into their jeep, they should put a few hundred dollars and 80 hours toward training...

Back