Rollbar changes

antman

Will newer full factory roll cages fit in a cj ? What mods needed ? Anyone do this ?

Thanks[addsig]

Just a thought, as I've never done that, but the TJ's have a different windshield angle than a CJ (you can't interchange doors and tops). I think some of the later YJ's had the same style roll bar (like a '94), and may be a little more of a direct fit.

Terry[addsig]

If you install a full roll cage make sure you get a good one !!!

As in all things there are good ones that work, and bad ones which don't.

A good roll cage will allow flex and as you step over boulders, logs and VW's, the cage will allow your frame to flex keeping all tires in the dirt.

A bad one will not flex. It will be one stiff mother. It will be unyielding and once bolted in will cause your frame & body to become one rigid assembly.

When this rig steps over boulders, logs & VW's, it cannot flex. You'll notice one front wheel in the air where before all were on the ground.

Something has to give. The roll bar will not. What usually gives is your frame.

Expect to find frame cracks at or near the rear spring hangers for the front springs.

Oh gee, that's just below where the full roll cage mounts to the floorboard Huh ?

Funny about that.

I won't tell you how I learned this...But it involved several $150.00 repair trips to the local welding shop.

~hope this helps ~

[addsig]

I've read somewhere somebody put a '91-94 wrangler windshield on a CJ.

A better defroster system,I believe.although I am not 100% positive on this...[addsig]

Back