Roof rack

malky

Hi anyone know where i can get roof rack to fit my cherokee kj (liberty) would prefer one that attaches straight on to factory roof rails instead of fitting roof bars across them. Also does anyone know what weight the roof rails can hold?

mine dont feel to sturdy on my xj but aparently they can hold a butload of weight, i have a buddy with an xj that has a rack with rail mounts that have a full size spare plus a bike, water canister and tent on it

Some of them can hold a couple hundred pounds. I guess you are in Europe or Australia somewhere? I would check the jeep sites like Morris 4x4 or 4wd parts

Someone said it was 75kilo roof load but is that mean load on actual roof or on the roof rails? And im in scotland bit colder than oz lol

I have no idea if it's the rack or rail load, or what that means.

Try asking on that big liberty forum ( I cannot think of the name, let me google it). I used to have a liberty and that forum had tons of good info

Cheers that would help alot just i made roof rack at weekend from lite tube and aluminium checker plate but had to fit it to cross roof bars onto roof rails would much prefer if it clamped on to rails themselfs plus read few scary storys or loads ripping rails out of roof one welding job i would like to avoid

Hi thanks for links rack looks like what i need and much like one i built apart from mime has full aluminum checker plate base to stop stuff falling onto roof and thanks for the welcome nice to be on a forum where people know there stuff thanks again

Back