Setting up my dana 30

It all went together good. Got a good patern. It's hard to figure that an eighth of an inch would make that much of a difference. I still couldn't find any part numbers on the carriers. And i looked real close, all over, with a magnifying glass. The new one is suposed to be a dana unit, Not aftermarket. Aperently somebody had been in there before me and used the wrong parts. I can't imagine that they would put it together that way from the factory. The axle was sold to me as a factory unit with 4.11s out of a 4 cylinder YJ. Thats where it threw me for a loop.

Glad you got it set up. I had my cover off and it had the part number cast right into. That's strange hmmm. Maybe they changed casting process or something. Oh well main thing is its set up

I got the new carrier today and am still confused. The web site that i posted has a .610 difference between the two and all over the web it's assumed that there's about 1/4 inch difference. The actual difference between the two that i have is about 1/8 inch. I'm going to put it together tomorow and see what happens. Wish me luck.

I understand your confusion. I have a used ARB which I am trying to determine which ratio split it is. I also stumbled upon the West Coast Differentials website which says the deck heights are 1.800" and 2.410". I measured mine at 1.95".

I have since found two forum posts (I'd post the links but Jeepz.com doesn't allow new users to post links) which indicate the deck height is 1.810" and 1.943". This matches up pretty closely with my measurement of 1.95" and your comment about 1/8" difference in height.

I think the D30 info on WCD website is inaccurate. Hopefully this will help someone else that happens upon the wrong info.

Back