shackle lift in my driveway?

Mrnoitall

will this be possible to do on my own

or can my (how do I check the oil?)Wife help me

I don't know of any Jeep enthusiasts in my area

(they are all too high off the ground to see my lil YJ)

as usual any help is appreciated thanks, Cletus[addsig]

i did the shackles on my yj with just me and a buddy of mine who didnt know shit about jeeps, we hit a few snags in that some of the bolts from the stock shackles were siezed...ended up having to use a cutters to get it off, almost had to drop the gas tank down...air tools would have been nice, probably could have avoided all the fuss with them...the other thing is you'll need a set of jack stands and i'd say probably 2 jacks, but it can be done with 1, i used 2....the job is doable, but id make sure i had atleast one of my buddies there to help otherwise you're likely to be stuck in your garage for quite a while[addsig]

Jack stands (I used some bricks), a jack, and a ratchet set is all you need. Don't need to drop the gas tank, although you will see the challenge involved in removing some of the bolts in the back. Just work them out...they will come out. It's eight bolts...that's all. Good luck.[addsig]

I can wait a little longer...

I have a compressor, I guess it is worth buying an air ratchet...

I'm sure to use it again.

by the way did you put the 350 in yourself?

how did you get a transmission and transfer case...how much custom fitting did you do ie:hammering back fire wall cutting out transmission space etc.

well thanks alot see you on the trails
image-missing.png
[addsig]

i went with a 350 out of a 87 blazer, and a matching th350 turbo automatic 4wd transmission, reused the NP231 t-case, but needed an adapter from AA....also needed some weld in engine mounts and had to cut the old ones off, then it took some custom transmission mounts, of the homemade variety, and a custom drive shafts...a set of headers, and a full custom exhaust...im actually in the process of doing the conversion right now, just got the mounts welded in...im doing it with a mechanic in his personal garage...its a hell of a conversion, rather costly too...but definitely worth it and its been fun so far[addsig]

Just did the shackles tonight... BROKE MY DRIVELINE ON THE WAY TO THE MOUNTAIN!!!... Had to drive home on my front axle... Is it coincidence that my drive line broke from where or is there something I should have done? have 31s on it and I think the shackles are supposed to be 3inch if that. My suspension wasnt great so it's not really that high. any ideas on something i should do to keep this from possibly happening again?[addsig]

the u-joints in your rear probably just went out, depending on how old the joints are...they tend to go bad, i replaced mine right before my shackle lift...and they're still holding up with 31's and 4" of suspension lift[addsig]

Back