(sniffle, sniffle) They towed my Jeepy away..

Abutterfly

Now everyone knows my luck... lets start with that....

I took my husbands Cherokee to work so I could pick up some stuff after work that wouldn't fit in my Wrangler.. I get home and I realize that he took my Jeep... instead of his Icky Ford pick up. I then wonder why he did that, other than the fact that my Jeep is way cool and his truck stinks....must be for the AC I have since it's 185 degrees out !

He was supposed to swing by Burger King before he came home... an hour passed with NO BK..... (and no hubby , too, but the BK was first and foremost.) He finally calls me and informs me that he is sitting on the side of the road ,in 100 degree weather, with my Jeep that is seriously overheated.
WHAT??! WHY? He says he doesn't know but he is going to sit and wait for it to cool.. give it another try... didn't look like it used any of the reserve coolant or whatever.. I don't know...but PITY d'fool who don't bring me my WHOPPA!! :x

About 45 mins. later he calls... he gave it a go, but it "alarmed" and went into the red zone again.. he immediately pulled over in the NAPA auto parts... how convenient. He said to bring him gallons of water.

I got over there and he pours this water in there... it runs right out the bottom..... out that little valve down there that is stripped out.. so, hubby tries to get it to close, even temporarily so we can nurse this thing home.. but.. hubby said he does NOT think it's a good idea to try to nurse it home.. he wants a tow. It's blazing hot out and bumper to bumper 5 o'clock traffic...he is worried that it will leak yet again and it's already been thru too much.

The NAPA guy comes out... he looks just like Cap'n Phil on "Deadliest Catch" if you ever watch that...he asks "Jist whut we 'er doin...." We explained that we are leaking and burnin' up !! He then looks and says that is the "petcock" ? valve... he'll git rite in there and rustle one up fer us.... GREAT! ... then says that "Sometimes doze things get stuck inside dere.. y' gotter grab it wif some plyers and yank 'er out....

Okay.. git them parts buddy.....p0p. Now of course you know, nothing goes easy...he comes back out with the part and my husband removes, or tries to remove, the old one... and of course the inside part is stuck in there... tries to get it out with plyers and he keeps saying very bad words.... he's Bleepin' hot.. it's 100 bleepin degrees... he's in the hot gravel .. bleep bleep...

We finally decide that is it WAY too hot out to be doing this when we aren't real mechanical... getting nowhere...

The NAPA guy says "if you git that on there.. you're fine.. just git goin...unless y' drove her far without fluids...then she mite be blown.. did ya hear her knockin' and makin' noise??
Hubby then confirmed that "she was a knockin' and makin' noise".....

Insert dead silence and crickets cherping here....

He then says that he's "got a BIG truck comin' here... rite t' thu dumpster... gotta get her moved.. this Jeep...." and he will help us push her...

Okay.. So HUBBY is steering (WHY NOT ME?) and me and Ernest takin' up the rear....

Now it's HOT out... I am sweating like a Ho in church... I have on flip flops and it's a gravel lot....

So me and Ernest and pushin like two idiots... uuuhh... uuuuhh.... I am pushing as hard as I can.. slippin' in this gravel, when ole Ernie yells... " You got dat brake on .. er what??!!" (Meaning that I simply am NOT suitable to be pushing this Jeep with him...)

Hubby yells NO! ... Then he turns to me and says " Ain't he any stronger than YOU??!!!" I said YES, he IS!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't wanna exclaim that I thot I had just blew my OWN "O" ring... and it was now in fact dangling in my panties!!! I just kept on .. like a MANNNN!!!

We got her in the spot.. and called for a tow. We went home to wait for a return call... hubby had someplace to be so I met the tow guy... I put on my best pink shiny lip goo.. and headed out!! :shades:

He got there and loaded my baby on the flatbed... I told him what happened to "er" and then said that hubby will now be under my thumb for at least 5 years if he blew er engine......He said "Honey, you might even get a NEW car outta this one!"... I said NO, you don't know my husband...

I asked how much it would cost.. he said.. um... um... $75?? He then looked at my lip goo.. glimmering in the hot summer sun.. and then I said, I only have $50!! He said.. Oh, allright.... TEEHEE... works every time!! :lol:

So.. off she went on the flatbed.... I am hoping she will make it...and NOT need an engine or anything... Keep yer fingers crossed!!

Wow....you are a great story teller. I can pretty much picture the entire scene! I feel bad for you though. However, I think I speak for all guys when I say...."I wish I had some of your assets to use when I was short on cash!" It never ceases to amaze me when my wife comes home with heavily discounted or free stuff just because she was wearing a low cut top. I love her for it....don't get me wrong!

I am sure there are a couple places in this country that a man in a low cut top will get something for free, just never been there, nor am I going...

Sorry to hear about "yer"jeep

I am sure there are a couple places in this country that a man in a low cut top will get something for free, just never been there, nor am I going...Sorry to hear about "yer"jeep

Ya I dont plan on going to prison either. Ditto the sorry about your baby.

Never heard of a petcock opening itself up and dumping it's contents. Also shouldn't have rusted through if you had antifreeze in there. They used to be brass, which wouldn't have rusted anyway. Not sure what they are made of now.

.........He says he doesn't know but he is going to sit and wait for it to cool....

Well, it at least sounds like your hubby has some common sense (a rare commodity nowadays!!!). If you didn't hear any serious "knocking", you should be alright. Keep us posted about your problem/solution (I'm quite sure you will!!!!).

Good luck,
mud

I know all 97's through 2003's have a plastic petcock, had a friends 97 blow out at the top of an mountain...we both carry a spare now.

Sorry for the sad news...keep us advised about the patient

Back