Soft top Brand Questions...

K_K_PSI_GUY

I am going to buy a new top in the next couple of days and I wanted to know if there is a particular brand I should avoid. Basically any horror stories with a partiular brand or vendor. Anybody bought the cheaper tops on 4wd.com? Any comments would be appreciated.-al

Do you have a Soft top or a Hartop on your Jeep?

I hate to flame any one particular company but I have been nothing but unhappy with my purchase of a NEW steel horse windjammer, bed cover, and bikini... I am sure you are looking for a new full soft top but if they make the full tops like they make the individual tops.... RUN and dont ask questions.

Kletus

Great. That is exactly what I need to know.

Steelhorse <deleted from my list>

I've heard several people say the same thing about their other products. Thanks Kletus

Great. That is exactly what I need to know.

Steelhorse <deleted from my list>

I've heard several people say the same thing about their other products. Thanks Kletus

curiously enough, this fellow jeeper i met today, stated that his 2003 TJ has fallen into the mildew trap. stating that he cannot get rid of the mildew from inside his top-and that's the new sailcloth smack. he stated he hasn't gone through the mud romp...so is anybody out there experiencing the same? since this lad wants to buy a new top, perhaps sailcloth-just want to provide a heads up.

Bestop Sunrider. You have the option of folding back just the front half for a sunroof if you want.

Bestop Supertop! You can order the pieces separately as they wear (even for abnormal colors like khaki). Nice fit, fair price. :lol:

Anybody tried Pavemebt Ends tops. They are very well, but I have not heard much about them. I really do not need the "flip top" option. I will be installing a cargo rack on my Jeep soon. The only problem is that I can't seem to find replacement window options or tinted window options for this top. That may be a problem. I don't want to be stuck buying a whole new top if my Jeep gets vandalized and they slash a window or something. I did not think it would be this hard to decise what top to get, but it seems you have to question everything because if you do not pay attention, you will end up buying a top that does not fit your existing hardware, or doors, or something. Smithybilt tops on eBay? Very cheap, but who knows what kind of quality you get. Man, this is fustrating. If all else fails, I'll just get the Bestop soft top and pay the $600-al

Back