Soft top doors

bravo4

My 89 YJ came with only the lower soft doors I looked at buying the upper soft doors but could not see anyway they fit together,is there a different upper frame to fit on soft lowers compared to the hard door lowers.

No I just have lower half one piece soft doors.They are the same shape as the hard door but appear to have no way to mount a upper soft half to them unless I need some parts.

I'm going to bet that you can't get uppers for your doors.

Standard upper soft doors have three prongs that slide into the lower doors, so if your existing lowers don't have the female sockets, then I don't think it will work.

Here are some shots of my doors, you can kind of get an idea of what I mean

Attachments

• doors 001_small.jpg
    doors 001_small.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 77
  • doors_small.jpg
    doors_small.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 74

I know what you're talking about. They're called "superdoors" and Bestop makes them. I've only seen them sold as a set though (upper and lower together). You'd have to do some looking around on the internet to find the uppers seperate. If you've got the superdoors, then there's two tube openings facing up at each end of the soft door for where the upper slides down onto it. Also there will be a strip of velcro across the top, outside of it.

I remember seeing aftermarket lower soft doors that had no provision for uppers at all. There was no way to install uppers. I don't know who made them. The lowers would provide a little extra wind protection on a cool day's drive to work - then you could remove them and throw them in the back for a doors-off ride home. For bad days you need to use the full doors (or get a little wet - still fun, though!!). So, you might need to find yourself a set of factory half doors for the not-so-good days. Best of luck - John

I see now that the ones I have I don't think you can add a top to them they are made by best top.There is a pair for sale on ebay item # : 220361663665 sorry Im not computer literate enough to copy and place the pictures here Thanks for the information

Back