Soft Top issue

jeepgurl6969

Okay, So I drive about 60mph down the freeway and suddenly I hear this tapping sound I look up an dthe left side of my top comes loose from the bar it sits on I reach up and pop it back on while driving but it comes right back off and the left side taps constintaly. Its no big deal I dont think but it is so aggrivating. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH makes me wanna scream

Are you talking about the header latch is disengaging while your driving?.

Are you talking about the header latch is disengaging while your driving?.

NO its a little thing that sits on the bow its up by your head. its connected to the top part of the bow and sits on the lower part that has the extender bar.

I am not sure I am saying all the parts correctly but it is at the point where the top raises by your head.

I have a gun saftey class today but I will take pictures tonight when I am done and post it.:???:

Is it the plastic piece that's attached to the top bow that sits on the vertical frame along the side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know mine made a lot of noise where the top attaches to the cross bar in the middle of the roof.All I did was pick up some foam insulation for water pipes and zip tie it to the bar problem fixed.

I know mine made a lot of noise where the top attaches to the cross bar in the middle of the roof.All I did was pick up some foam insulation for water pipes and zip tie it to the bar problem fixed.

Yeah that piece is different If I zip tied this I would have to cut the zip tie every time I wanted to take the top off...Now that would suck and be just another step in removing the top.:shades:

Yes thats the piece I think

If it is, check the bow and the squareness of the frame. The only time those plastic guides slips off is if there's a bent or mis-aligned bar. Also the plastic piece should be shaped like a u to keep it centered on the bar, if it's worn on one side, it will slip off. It's secured on the crossbow with a screw.

If it is, check the bow and the squareness of the frame. The only time those plastic guides slips off is if there's a bent or mis-aligned bar. Also the plastic piece should be shaped like a u to keep it centered on the bar, if it's worn on one side, it will slip off. It's secured on the crossbow with a screw.

Thanks I will check in the morning

Back