soft top windows cut

flygirl

Hi, first post. My 1997 TJ had the soft top window cut to enter it (the door wasnt even locked).
Can it be repaired, can I order door skins, or do I have to replace the top. It was just replaced a few months ago. It is a best top. But I do not recall if it was a sail clothe or not. I would need to see one to be sure. Thanks in advance. [addsig]

My 1997 TJ had the soft top window cut to enter it (the door wasnt even locked).

Sorry to hear that, all to common. No one said thieves were smart.
Too dumb to even pull the door handle..

Can it be repaired, Try a Boat shop, they may be able to repair the window.

can I order door skins, or do I have to replace the top.
punch the link for quadratrac at the top of this page.
you can buy skins to install over your current window hardware.

Good luck[addsig]

Sorry to hear about your issue :-( But if you Check out Quadratrac you should be able to purchase new skins. I've delt with Quadratec many times in the past and they are great :-D [addsig]

that packing tape has been a savior for many in the year of the jeep[addsig]

Thanks for the replies. The packing tape worked for now. I guess I will have to live with it and try to decide what next. Any entrepenuers out there, lets get a better repair going.[addsig]

Put some clear take on the out side and then
take some clear silicone and put it all along
the cut and let it dry and then come back and
put a layer right back over the same spot and
along each side of the cut and let dry and then
take the tape off the outside and it will keep
it water proofed for about 6 months or so...
I did this one and it worked for a long time...
:-D :-D :-D [addsig]

Up here in the north east, duct tape seems to fix everything, I mean everything!

The best book ever is
101 fixes with duct tape
a rednecks toolchest!![addsig]

Check with a trim or auto upholstery shop. You would be amazed at what they can do.

Scott[addsig]

Try eBay. There all sorts of neat stuff, and I bet you can probably find the windows for a lot less that from Quadratec. I sold the three back windows for about 40.00. The passengers side window was slashed so they could take some change in the center console.Jerks! I just had sombody steal a can of refrigerant r-134a from my Jeep. I dell asleep early and forgot to get it out, and in the morning I as I was drving to school I noticed that it was gone. Oh well, the Jerk that stole it is probably going to get high on it or something. I have a pretty good idea who it is, but I won't waste my time for a $6 can. -al[addsig]

Back