Soft top Windows?

XJNick

Hi,

I recently got a new Bestop supertop for my '97 wrangler. The windows in the upper soft doors that came with it just zip down from the top (they are permanetly attached at the bottom).

The problem is I've noticed they are at the perfect angle to reflect the afternoon sunlight right into my eyes when opened (and hanging down against the door). :roll:

Has anyone else had this annoyance, or is this just a Bestop issue? I was sort of thinking the windows would have a way to be rolled and fastened or something, instead of just laying against the inner side of the door and acting as a mirror :?

-Nick :!:

I havent noticed that problem with my factory ones, might have to due with driver height *shrug*

add-a-leaf question

i went through 2 tops when i had may wrangler and both of the windows zipped down and were perminatly(SP?) attached at the bottom, neather of the tops had a way to roll the windows they just flaped aginst the inside of the door, all of the soft tops i have seen are like this, my friend has a 2000 sport and his are the same way, just another reason why its a jeep thing.... :lol:

I have a bestop on my 97 as well, The windows do hang inside just like yours, but I have never noticed any sun light reflection, I always wear shades in the sun, mabee thats it.

mine does the same, never noticed the reflection but they did annoy me.....thats why if I actually have my top on, and I don't want the window rolled up, I just take it off and throw it in the back....but then again, the only time I have my top on is when it is raining or freezing

In the warmer months the windows will basically hug the inside of the door. but even the 2003 is this way.

Sounds like you need to stick with XJs

Ouch! That's harsh
image-missing.png
:x
image-missing.png

I Actually enjoy this wranger VERY much (not giving it up!). I just thought it was strange that there is no way to remove the window from the upper door.

I guess I'll always wear sunglasses or just throw the whole upper doors into the back seat when I want the windows open :p

-Nick :!:

when i first got my yj... the zippers didn't work, and they were sewn shut... if i wanted the window open.. i had to take it out every time

Sorry to sound harsh, Nick. I meant to be more funny than harsh. It's just a question that most softtop owners read and think,"I've never really noticed it before." Because we drive it all the time, and get used to it.

To remove the window completely, lift the whole upper half and throw it in the back seat.

Harsh_C
:twisted:

Steering wheel help, remember me?

That's just half the fun of owning a Jeep. Mine do the same thing, so I wear my shades.

Back