Steering column @ box play

rielly

So I had my front rear pitched down to where it should be, had an alignment and put in a borgeson steering shaft. Jeep drives even better than it did but I notice a faint vibration in the wheel now when I hit a bump. I had replaced ball joints and tie rods so I know its not that... looking closer theres a small wiggle at the bottom of the steering column and also at the steering box. Think this is the problem? Can I just get a new column bearing??? Any suggestions for the box? It's power steering which I'm starting to wonder if I even need...

Thanks,
Tom

1-2 degrees of endplay on the steering box is not bad. If you want to tighten it a bit more,on top of the steering gear box, you can loosen the adjuster bolt with a 9/16 box wrench while countering the center screw with an allen wrench. Turn the allen screw a 1/4 at a time. tighten the 9/16 lock nut each time and re-check the steering gear endplay. You can get the lower steering column bearing from Quadratech or 4WD hardware.

Got me to thinking, after I finally get my winch wired up and that friggen M10 square nut shows up (lost one on the install :evil:) I've found some bearing play at the bottom steering column bearing, the shaft u-joint seems a bit sloppy too. Wondering what kind of nighmare it is to go into this, I've no experience in dealing with steering repair, or should I just invest in a new column?

Back