steering noise

jboomer

I put a 2 1/2 inch lift on my 95 wrangler with 32 11.50 tires on it and it seems to make a little noise in the front when i turn. what could this be? thanks.............
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Welcome to the land of the lost. Jeepz.com the home of the brave and happy jeepers. You have change the way your jeep was designed to flex and roll so there could be any of a thousand things gone a stray. Get some one to get into your jeep and turn the wheel as you are up front looking at everything that moves. Grab Shake Jerk Pull and Look and Listen to your Jeep. Does it do it when you turn the wheel and are stationary or just when you are moveing? Did you change your pitman arm when you did the lift? Is the off set on your wheels allowing the tires to clear everthing? The list goes on and on! I hope it is something very simple and cheap to fix. Did you do the install or pay someone else to do this for you! Someone here may have an ez fix but I think you need to give a bit more information! Thanks and again welcome aboard Tug

PS what lift did you use as I plan to do the same size lift and how do you like it other than the noise. Did you have to do any other mods for the 32's cause that may be your problem. YJ usualy needs 2.5 for a 31 tire if no other mods are used, I think am I correct what say you Jeepz gang? [addsig]

Boomer..are you talking about a noise in the power steering box when you turn the steering wheel more than 45 degrees in either direction?[addsig]

The steering box seems to get noiser with bigger tires too.

It makes a slight wining noise when a lot of steering is

applied during little vehicle movement. Mines made the same

wine ever since i put on 35's a year and a half ago, now ive

got 37's. Im gonna setup ram assist steering very soon though.

Not sure if should do the redneck ram set up or not. Every that

did it says it works great, even the guy with the blazer that

broke his during top truck challenge '03, he still stands by it.[addsig]

Back