stock ltd 90 cherokee

poooorboy

How capable is this 4x4!? Stock ,?Just wondering planned a trip to maine to visit retired father and of course he retired in a area that my caravan couldnt handle without 4x4..so since i bought the cherokee i look forward to trucking up there but worry if the cherokee can handle dirt road /muddy pot hole ridden mostly mud well just wondering new to jeeps and parinoid!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Follow the Goddess Nike.... "Just Do It!!"[addsig]

I go wheeling in a basically stock '96 cherokee almost every weekend, and so far I've only gotten really stuck a few times. A word of caution though. You will need to add tow hooks to the front and either tow hooks or a trailer hitch to the rear so that if you get stuck someone can pull you out. Also, you need to go with another similarly equipped vehicle so that there is someone there to pull you out should you get stuck. Other than that, have fun.... cherokees are just as hard to break as any jeep out there.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

you shoulda seen the crap i sent my '90XJ ltd through a few weeks ago... i pushed her through 4 creek crossings about 2 feet deep... about a foot of mud in some areas, and a bunch of ups and downs... some big tractor ruts about a foot deep as well. it took a beating, and loved every minute! i can't wait for my lift to be put on, i just need a free day here! your jeep will perform for you flawlessly, just don't be stupid with it...[addsig]

Back