Supertop or Sunrider?

The Sunrider top just has 2 extra pins to pull and release that the Supertop doesn't have. Really isn't much of a difference to flip down.

I got 12 years out of my previous supertop material.. I sold it to someone who is still using it. the current top is not 3 years old. never an issue except the rear support bows, but I stick a 1/4 x 1/2 bolt in the holes to support the support

If I had pics, I would post hard to explain. personally I would not get the sunride, I personally see the flip back as one more thing to break or leak, but that is just me.

I have a '95 YJ with a supertop & a '93 YJ with the sunrider. I'd definitely go with the supertop. If I take the the top down it's down all the way - not just the fold-back of the sunrider. Just my .02.

jps4jeep said:
I got 12 years out of my previous supertop material.. I sold it to someone who is still using it. the current top is not 3 years old. never an issue except the rear support bows, but I stick a 1/4 x 1/2 bolt in the holes to support the support

If I had pics, I would post hard to explain. personally I would not get the sunride, I personally see the flip back as one more thing to break or leak, but that is just me.

Funny you said that. Since the sunrider was introduced on the TJ's , I've seen a lot of door surrounds being replaced, pins broken or missing, plastic sleeve mangled and destroyed due to customer neglect to read the owners manual.

Back