tape residue on soft top window

Redsoxski

Hi all - thanks to everyone who made suggestions on another thread on which jeep to get. The decision was made easier for me when my DD had some problems that made me want to trade it in rather than sink any more money into it. Ended up getting a good deal on an 06 Wrangler X, 4.0, MT. Played with it a lot the last few days and had a blast. Started to clean it up today and went to move the temp tag from the middle of the back window where the dealer put it and was left with a tape residue that I'm having trouble getting off. I've tried cleaner with a rag and ended up slightly scratching the plastic. I was wondering if anyone had a good solution for getting the residue off without scratching the window. Thanks.

If it doesn't come off, negotiate with the dealer for more discounted price or replacement top

Buy some plastic polish, it should take the scratches out at the same time as it removes the goo. Or use goo-B-gone for the adhesive and then the plastic polish.

I hope they weren't a Jeep dealer. They should have known better than to put tape on a plastic window. When I bought mine they put the tag on the front windshield.

I second the above. Either goo-b-gone or wd40 would work on the residue.

Nev-R-Dull or a metal polish that is on wadding works really well, too. Always pre-test with anything that you use.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the suggestions. Since I had a can of WD-40 I gave that a try and it worked like a charm, no more residue!!:)

Back