Temperature

bermeced

I have a 1980 cj7 with a 258. What would the average temperature be for driving around at about 50 mph. Mine is usually just below 180 degrees, but if I sit in traffic very long it starts to climb. Does taking out the thermostat help keep the temp down? New belts, new radiator, new hoses -- all within the past year. Fan is not loose. Does not leak or lose any water. Is it just the nature of the jeep?[addsig]

Did you replace the Clutch Fan???????? :-D [addsig]

Hey, I just got my jeep and it runs high too. About 210 when it idols and then after about 3 or 4 minutes of driving it slowly starts to rise. I cant drive it very far because of this so im trying to figure out how to fix it. Im flushing the radiator and hoping that will help but im not sure. Any other ideas?????? :-O :-D :-O :-D :-O [addsig]

with that old of a jeep it could be many things:
water pump, thermostat, sensor, timing set to high,
sending unit, guage.... :-D :-D :-D [addsig]

THAT OLD JEEP . . you say that like its garbage . . lol Well i guess ill just start replacing the regular things until i find out what it is. Guess and Check baby , lol. Its got a new cool air intake, i think its a hollys but im not sure, maybe its causing problems. :-O :-D :-O :-D :-O GO BIG OR GO HOME ***[addsig]

No not garbage at all just has a fine age......nice actually :-D [addsig]

thats right, nice old rust bucket out in my garage takin up space, draining my money. hehe, its my baby :-O :-D :-O :-D :-O [addsig]

Back