Tennessee wheeling pictures(sorry 56k)

Wrangl3r93

Well we went wheeling last weekend and most of the pictures have started to accumulate. Thought I'd let everybody see. The place is a new park called Golden Mountain between Cookeville and Sparta, Tennessee and if you're in the area it's definitely worth checking out. Trails for everything from stock to a trail only 2 people(I believe) have conquered. Well enough talk here's a link to my photobucket with the pictures and I'll post some of my favorites.

urdogsflea/Golden mt 6-21-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SANY1132-1.jpg

SANY1123-1.jpg

SANY1105-1.jpg

SANY1165-1.jpg

IMG_0011-1.jpg

SANY1099-1.jpg

SANY1097-1.jpg

SANY1122-1.jpg

And finally here's a picture of my rig in the form it sits now. Nice flex for sprung under.
IMG_0009-1.jpg

SANY1164-1.jpg

She was getting on it really hard attempting a hill climb and snapped the u-joint which proceeded to take out the axleshaft. Then the knuckle fell out and the whole hub fell off tire and all. Easy fix really. Winch cable to keep the jeep steady, then lifted and put the knuckle back in to limp off the trail and home. That's a welded dana 30 by the way. All day they had arguments about welding a 30 and to prove how strong the welds were they beat the living snot out of both their jeeps(comanche and red cherokee). Needless to say the welds weren't the weakest point.

I ran a welded D30 and D35 for years, beat on 'em with no problems. Definitely not the weak link.

Thanks for postin the pics, miss my MJ.

The dreaded ball joint/knuckle breakage...my vote for one of the worst breaks you can have.
Same happened to a YJ in our group a month ago. We strapped a log under the leaf spring and my Jeep and an LS1 buggy dragged him almost 2 miles back to the highway. Pretty entertaining when we dragged him through two headlight deep mudholes.

Trails look interesting by the way. How many trails? How many acres?

Not too far of a drive for me. I like the challenge of being #3 up that trail you speak of. Got pictures of it?

If you're interested and don't mind driving up to Tn it's definitely worth a visit. The park only opened in May but it's already become the favorite of many Tn trail riders. It's 400 acres and the trails are still being blazed through some of it but there's enough now to keep you busy for a weekend. The first weekend I rode there the owners said there were 600 rigs there or something like that 3/4's of them buggies and nobody managed to climb Bounty Hill that day. Here's some videos that have made it to youtube. Not sure if the number is still 2 but it's definitely below 10 on how many people have conquered it. The last video shows how steep it actually is.

YouTube - bounty hill
YouTube - bounty hill
YouTube - Another attempt at Bounty hill at GMP

Oh this park used to be a dirt track and the track is still there. The owners said once the park takes off they plan to turn it into a giant mud bog and have tournaments. There's plenty of space for camping and a huge pavilion with bathrooms and a big fireplace. Playground for the kids and a few ponds that you can catch and release fish in. People claim to be pulling 6-7 pound catfish out of em. It's the real deal and we're praying this place takes off and stays strong cause it's easily the best park around.

I agree with the posting of trail pictures. Although I've heard talk of econazis using online pictures to put pressure onto parks. So no pictures of stream crossings or the other stuff they seem to fixate on to shut us down. Not that most of us even do that, but the few ruin it for the many.

If/when you decide to come try that hill let me know Red. I want to watchp0p

I talked to some of my riding buddies and we're interested in getting up a trip. Don't know when yet, though.
I can see that rock slab getting dug out at the bottom rather quickly. It will be even more difficult if you can't get a run at it.

Back