TFI Coil Upgrade

rebelmark

I have a question; my Jeep has the Dist. cap, rotor upgrade, but still has the stock coil. I am reading the directions for the TFI coil upgrade on the site, and I am a bit confused on where I attach the jumper wires; the wires seem to be permanently mounted in the stock coil; i don't see where I can attach the connectors on the two wires that are mentioned in the directions. Thanks in advance.

Its pretty simple: The old coil has a (+) and a (-) wire attached to it, the TFI coil has a (+) and a (-) connection as well just move the wires from the old coil to the new one. To make life eaiser buy the $3 plug that plugs in to the TFI coil.

I understand that part; the two wires appear to be hardwired to the old coil. Do I cut those and splice them? Or, are there other wires besides those two that I need to disconnect. Which one is pos, and which is neg? Thanks for your patience.

I guess your gonna need to cut and splice them on to the new TFI coil plug. The (+) is red and the (-) should be green, this is also the tach wire. The new TFI plug should have a red and a green wire attached to it. Does that help?

im doing mine 2nite, asuming i dont get off too late and it dosent start pouring rain again.

i lucked out and found all the parts @ NAPA.

theres some new part #'s for the cap, rotor, and spacer, added to the original article.

they even had the coil wire mentioned above in stock!!! but in true jeeper fashion. i saved the three bucks and im gonna make my own.

Back