That's Grampa Sparky to you.....

Yup, it's true!! I'm now officially a Grampa!!! My daughter-in-law had her baby tonight.

Brasen Edward was born at 7:17pm CST, weighed 8lbs 12oz at 21" long. Mom and baby are both doing fine. I missed the birth because I had driven down to OKC to pick up her mom who had flown in from CT. We had just crossed the state line on our way back when we got the good news. Sunshine and her mom were there for the birth, but Kristen's mom and I were about 45 minutes away when it happened.:(

I still got to hold my grandson for a few minutes though:

GrampaSparky-2.jpg

Sure was hard to give him up for someone else to hold! I can't wait till he's big enough to ride in the Jeep with me.

He's got red hair (like me, his mom, and his maternal grandmother) and really, really long toes!! He's gonna be Grampa's boy, I can tell!

Congrats Pappy!:mrgreen: Always nice to have a new addition. Especially when you can spoil them and send them home after.:funny: I know I have three grandsons.

Congratulations!!! Have a 5 yr old grandson & a 1 yr old granddaughter myself - both love riding in Grampa's jeep! Hope everyone is doing well.

Much congrats, Sparky!!! :beer: We've got a little one coming in August!!:purple:

That's just one more good thing about growing old!!! (Hey - beats the alternative!!):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrads are in order - all that "hard work" years ago has paid off, eh?:lol: LBR

Congrats Sparky! and Family!
The joy of this world is renewed at every birth.
May the lords blessing be upon you and yours.

It has been 5 months since I gained the nick-name grumpy! by the birth of my first grand son

Last edited:

Thanks, gang. Mama and baby got to go home from the hospital last night, and both are doing very well. I'm so glad both are healthy, and that she didn't have to have a C-section. She wanted to do it all as naturally as she could, and I admire that. I've delivered 6 babies back in the day, and from what I've seen, I'd want to be unconscious during the whole thing!!

TwistedCopper said:
Wow, re-reading I noticed how big he is :shock:

Well, his daddy is 6'7" tall. His mommy is only about 5'4", though. He's got the longest fingers and toes I've ever seen on a baby before. :p

Back