The Day of Reckoning comes closer!!!

IcyFridge

November 22nd, 2004 - the day I drop off my Jeep for the new BDS 3"/3" lift. Fully loaded system with all options.
Also coming with 31" 1 month old tires..

Pictures of stock Jeep at:
www.rit.edu/~msb6082/silverbullet.html

As soon as the lift is done, I'll post new pics up. (I've done a lot more than just lift it.)

In other words- I can't F$#K#$G wait!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

somehow i dont understand this, where are you 'dropping' your jeep off for the lift. out of curiosity, what are they charging you for just the install and how extensive is the lift (fully loaded system with all options?)

RE: Re: Long time no see... HELP :(

Setting on pins and needles I bet. Can not wait to find me another jeep! tug

siminsez01 said:
somehow i dont understand this, where are you 'dropping' your jeep off for the lift.
there are plenty of places that will install a lift for you. none quite as good as your garage though...

Fixed the link. It's working.
Just did some off-roading for the last time as a stock Jeep. Dented my framerail. Not too bad. Just a lot of vibrations from mud on the wheels.

Too fricking small...

the lift will be 1400 total for BDS 3"/3" with 31" tires mounted. All options (control arms, trackbar relocation, swaybar discos, etc...)

RE: Brake lights stay on?

lookin good, so what are you doing with the tires/rims you got on there now? what are the tires you have now?

I kept the old rims. Threw out the old 235/75R15 Futura Enforcer M/T tires.
NOW:
3" BDS lift with all options - got near 4"
31x10.50R15 *used* Futura Dakota RVT on 15x7 AR OutlawII rims.

**no rubbing or vibrations or any problems!! Only rub is in typical spot during flex**
** will post pictures as soon as my dad gets his digital camera **

Plans :
depending on $$$, possible Baja Claw tires or another one, recommendations? ( I like Super Swampers though, but I want radials -- NOTHING under 31" tall or 10" wide.) What do you think about TSL bias, Thornbirds, or the LTB? I'm a mudder 25% of the time and street 75% of time with some highway driving included.

I really like the LTB, but I wouldn't want them on a DD. The Thornbirds don't get much love - they look kinda cool but they are no mudder. You said you want radials, yet asked about the TSL bias... Why not the TSL radials???

Your right twisted, thornbirds dont get much love. But I think they hold their own pretty well in the mud. Not the greatest on the street. I'd get radials if your gonna be mostly on the street. Something I wish i did when I'm driving for a while. :?

No, the Thornbird isn't the best mudder in the world. It's an all-terrain tire though, and it will blow any other all-terrain tire out of the woods. I don't understand why the Thornbird gets so much disrespect, but other aggressive "all-terrain" tires like the pro-comp X-terrain get a pass. It's not a mudder, but it's not the punk that people make it out to be either. Once I hit the trail, I'd much rather be sitting on Thornbirds than something like a BFG AT or even an MT/R. The Thornchickens must really suck at rockcrawling or something.......

RE: If I want to make a steering arm...

TSL bias comes in 31x10.50R15.

Anyways...

1. Goodyear MT/R
2. BF M/T
3. Super Swamper TrXus M/T Radial
4. Baja Claw radial

What do you think? I'm just narrowing my choices down... Still like the TrXus the best, its got the deepest tread of them all....

Ah. A friend reminded me about a tire that I practically forgot about and I am in LOVE with it!!!!

31x10.50R15 Super Swamper SSR tires. I like them the best!! Probably what I am going to get this coming March...

RE: Slip Yoke

The Thornbirds don't get the respect because they don't self clean. And they are HEAVY. But still those lugs are pretty tough in the sand.

I LOVE the Procomp Xterrain for all-around performance. I don't like the fact that they are directional.
I have used the BF M/T and Goodyear MT/R and both are good, but don't hold up in the dirt and sand as well as the Xterrain.
I'm looking to go cheap but good next time. Like the Kuhmo's.

I have ran several sets of Thornbirds on a couple different rigs.....got outstanding performance untill they wear down about 60%. I went with the TSL Radials this go round. I LOVE UM!!!

alright! someone finally backed up thornbirds with me! haha.

anyway, the procomps got a really bad rating on a mud tire test i saw in peterson's. they were compared to the baja claw, bfg a/t, tsl, and other ones i dont remember.

Back