the eagles are going to jacksonville

currupt4130 said:
heh no, i have one ticket, for me, and its obstructed view. ill be roving the entire concert

Heh, every concert I've ever been to, I've had an obstructed view.....chemically induced. Ahh, but then I had to go and grow up and out of it. Journey, Van Halen (both with David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar), Police, Boston, Uriah Heep, ZZ Topp, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, Asia, Fleetwood Mac, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Pat Travers Band, Kiss, Yes, ELO, Springsteen, Billy Joel, Heart, ABBA, Sting, James Taylor, 38 Special, Moody Blues, Talking Heads, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Dire Straits, U2, Whitesnake, Ronny James Dio, UB40, and a few others I can't think of right now......

RE: Frankiefire

I think the Eagles will do better than Pittsburg against the Pats, but I really don't think they can get it done. Do not under-estimate Belichek, Bill Cower did. The Pats have it all, offense, defense, spec teams... and with no real susperstars. Just a really tight team on a mission.

On that note - did anyone see on TV or hear on the radio Heinz Ward crying? How pathetic. Geez, suck it up and try again ya girl... what a ninny.

RE: Ever seen a plane land on a Jeep?

make no mistake though, there are some VERY good players on that new england team. just becuase they arent sending 9 players to the pro bowl like the eagles are, doesnt mean they arent gamers. bruschi gets over looked year after year, but should go year after year. ed reed was a shoe in, but you could have made a case for rodney harrison over polamalu and/or john lynch. problem is that even though the game (pro bowl) is fun, fan voting is tainted, cause you vote for who you know (or some people do). just like i think andruzzi has had a great year, but offensive line is one of those positions where if you make a pro bowl, you're kinda in for life unless you get hurt cuase people dont want to pick new ones.

oh and that tom brady guy. say what you want about him, but he's a winner. he didnt throw 49 touchdowns, or finish with a 121.1 passer rating, all he finished with was a 14-2 record, 28-4 over the last two regular seasons, 2 rings, 2 superbowl mvp's, and has yet to lose a game when it counts. there is one stat that isnt over rated, and thats wins, everything else can be taken with a grain of salt. not to mention the kicker with the most moxie in the league, he might have been blocked and missed one in the SB last year, but when it matters he's got the testicular fortitude to get it done.

read all about it..... http://thoule.blogspot.com/ comments are welcome. (dont worry, its not my diary or anything, i like to write sports articles, see if you can tell where i've from by the topics...)

TwistedCopper said:
Do not under-estimate Belichek, Bill Cower did.
i dont think belichick has the luxury of being underrated anymore. even in his hoodie on the sidelines, people cant help but to take him seriously, even if he looks like a big kid. he's 9-1 in the playoffs, so is the guy the super bowl trophy is named after.

but, in that game, i dont think it was cowher underestimating belichick, it was the lack of confidence in his team getting it done. 4th and goal on the 2, down by 14 in the 3rd quarter, i dont care who you are, that is 4 down territory. so you cut it to 11, it is STILL a 2 possession game. and at that point, you NEED a 2 point conversion, otherwise it becomes a three possession game. with 4:30 left in the 4th quarter, 4th and 1, the pats went for it. no questioning it, they just went in did it. the coach knew the players could do it, and the players knew the coach would call it. they told the steelers, hey, we're going to run for the first down, stop us or lose the game.

cowher is a great regular season coach, but he lacks the swagger for playoff coaching. you play to win in the playoffs, not to not lose. which is what he did. which is how herm edwards coached against him the week before, and (ehem.... doug brien) is why they lost, sure brien should have made one of those, but neither was a chip shot by any stretch of the word. obviously new yorkers would like brien's head on a platter, but herm put him in that situation twice. at least the first time he should have run a few more plays. you cant coach to not lose the game, gotta coach to win, cause in the playoffs, thats ALL that matters.

bchcky said:
read all about it..... http://thoule.blogspot.com/ comments are welcome. (dont worry, its not my diary or anything, i like to write sports articles, see if you can tell where i've from by the topics...)

Why oh why did you have to post your website. I took 5 secs to look at it and felt myself being pulled into reading everything and spended countless amount of time commenting in my pro-Bills, pro-Yankees sort of way. Not that I would disagree with everything you said, because I dont. but I love talking sports. Esspecially with pro-Pats, Pro-sox people. Thats a great idea you have. I guess it will be good reading come this weekend. Must resist while at work though. Must resist.

i guess maybe i could have waited until the weekend to post it? haha sorry judge, just dont let the 'ol boss catch you. i love talking sports with anyone too. my roommate soph year was a yankees fan, we used to have some great discussions. i try to be as unbiased as possible, i know my views are tainted, but i try to be objective if i'm predicting a game or something like that.

bchcky said:
..............but, in that game, i dont think it was cowher underestimating belichick, it was the lack of confidence in his team getting it done. 4th and goal on the 2, down by 14 in the 3rd quarter, i dont care who you are, that is 4 down territory...........

Couldn't agree more. I knew the game was over right then and there. Browsing SI online, I noticed none of their writers mentioned that.........

exactly, i felt comfortable going into the half as a pats fan, but i also realized it wasnt in the bag by any means. but after that field goal they got instead of going for it, i was relatively calm for the rest of the game.

RE: Stinkin, Heim Joints...

mud4feet said:
bchcky said:
..............but, in that game, i dont think it was cowher underestimating belichick, it was the lack of confidence in his team getting it done. 4th and goal on the 2, down by 14 in the 3rd quarter, i dont care who you are, that is 4 down territory...........

Couldn't agree more. I knew the game was over right then and there. Browsing SI online, I noticed none of their writers mentioned that.........

Didnt the Steelers get stopped 4th and 1 sometime in the first quarter. I bet that was waying pretty heavy on his mind. But either way you gotta go for it on 4th and goal from the 2. I would call a TO get your guys extra fired up and give it the Bettis. That guy is huge.

RE: On a lighter note...I love this headline.

I think Bill C did underestimate Belicheck and the pats. The play calling was atrocious, he should have yanked Baby Ben at halftime. He thought they could win with the conservative play and a rookie.

As for the Pats, I didn't mean to infer that they didn't have great players. They just don't have those limelight superstars like many teams who fell short this season. It was a compliment to how well they gel as a team and to their coaching staff.

I hope they spank the Eagles.

RE: Paragon Feb 19th

yeah, i wasnt snapping at you TC, i was merely stating that there are some very good players on that team, they epitomize team play, but people always mistake that for them not being good players.

but.... i just think thats the way cowher coaches. he makes solid game plans, and then executes them. he likes to let things play out, and doesnt like to get over aggressive or change things. and that was his downfall. i really dont think he underestimated belichick, i simply think he still thought he could play his game and not lose.

sooooo..... $5 a square at work, i think i came out with the most d!ck sets of numbers ever....
pats-----------eagles
1--------------9
3--------------5
6--------------2
8--------------6

bchcky said:
sooooo..... $5 a square at work, i think i came out with the most d!ck sets of numbers ever....
pats-----------eagles
1--------------9
3--------------5
6--------------2
8--------------6

nahhhh! Your fist two sets are okay.

ehhh.... and two are horrible numbers unless it becomes a field goal game. and 8 and 6 are only good if teams dont kick xp's and go for two (or get safeties) whatever though, if i win, nice, if not, hopefully the pats will.

Just to let you all know if you never lived in a superbowl city it doesnt seem to be anything special so far. All the bands that are coming here are old and suck. Who wants to see Huey Lewis any more, he is half dead now. All the cool parties are private, like the playboy party Hugh is hosting, and the traffic situation only gets worse. You get dumb as&3s from all over like the espn crew that decided to make a u turn on draw bridge with a trailer attached to there truck and ended up jackkiffing and causing the bridge to shut down. Damn the tourist!!! Go back north. Needless to say I am very disappointed. They hyped this superbowl for the last 5 years here. The time has come and it sucks. Not to mention they raised my taxes to make the city pretier before the big game. What a joke. I hope it never comes back here.

Thats been the big complaint I have been hearing on sports talk radio. The city of jacksonville was just too small to host an event of this size and it has been making thinks crazy for both the visitors and the people who live there. They need to bring the game to Syracuse :)

RE: Time

judge09 said:
Thats been the big complaint I have been hearing on sports talk radio. The city of jacksonville was just too small to host an event of this size and it has been making thinks crazy for both the visitors and the people who live there. They need to bring the game to Syracuse :)

Well actualy the city size is not the problem. Most people dont relize this is the largest city in the us. It just has not matured into a metropolis yet and I hope it never does.

RE: Help me pick a front bumper...

pushead said:
judge09 said:

Well actualy the city size is not the problem. Most people dont relize this is the largest city in the us. It just has not matured into a metropolis yet and I hope it never does.
judge, i've heard that too, and i like your thinking. football is a rough sport, they play in rain, snow or whatever, so why then do we always have the superbowl in warm weather climates? you dont think the meadowlands would fill up for a superbowl???? puhhhh-lease. its a mans game, bring it back into the elements. i'm with you.

and yeah, pushead i heard that on the radio too, jax is biggest as far as square mileage, but, density-wise, it is very low. a lot of the boston radio personalities were saying it was hard to even find a bar or a place to get a drink. good resturants (not chains) are not too plentiful. it just wasnt a logical place for a superbowl. because as bostonians will tell you, boston fans like to drink, and i'm sure fans from the 'iladel (in my stu scott voice) like to drink as well :twisted: :twisted:

Back