the saga continues

DerekC

RE: all you need

Allright give me the grief I know is coming, but I went with a Weber 32/36. (Saw the $$$ for FI and do not like the 2100). Set timing at 13 degress to complement added fuel and air. Idle is at 800 a little rough on startup but quickly smoothes out. Normal driving is fine, BUT get on the gas and engine stumbles/bogs and I get a backfire through carb...Did the TFI swap so I am fairly sure spark is ok...anyone? Anyone...

-D-

I'd say reatard the spark timing some.. sounds like you advanced it too far...

RE: Relocating the ignition switch

Well I do not know what to say. I did drop the timing down to 11 degrees from 13...gave the engine the finger drank a beer, looked at it and scratched my head decided to drive it again. WOW runs like a spotted ape! No more popping or backfiring no hesitation anywhere in powerband in any gear(it is an auto) so i would have to agree on the timing. Still runs so freakin rich at idle it will choke a donkey. Backed the mixture screw out alot to no avail. Pulled a plug(just installed new ones 30 minutes before pulling this one and it is fouled from fuel. SOOOOO I will put in MORE plugs tomorrow and then adjust mixture again. I think it was a moot point to adjust mixture with the plugs fouled as I was not getting good burn with them. Stay tuned fans of the saga will update tomorrow again :roll:
-D-

Ive got that carb too. Love it. I want the 38, would have got it but collinsbros talked me out of it, said it wont idle without a cam - only to hear later that it runs like a dream(cliffordperformance)

Anyway, it runs rich, I have 2 books on weber carbs, they both say in the early chapters - webers run rich. Like you, I have tinkered with ignition and adjustment screw to no avail. I also have the TFI, and nutter bypass(from the carter).

My next consideration is MSD or something similar , alot of $$$$ for something that isnt broken though. Just advance it, drive it around, advance it, til you lose power or it knocks, and back it off a little.
I also switched to a 165 degree thermostat.

My motor has been this way for almost 2 years.

Re: RE: Trans Problem Help!

Yeah I read something to that fact that Webers run rich. I am not too concerned with it since the performance is better than I had hoped. I am Lucky in that collins Bros is 10 minutes away, they told me the same thing about the 38. I was actually driving to work thinking of an MSD or similar box to burn the fuel...we will see. If you get an ignition box let me know what you think..
-D-

ill let you know! or youll know, cuz i post a zillion questions before making any $$$ purchases....

Back