Thinking about a 2008 Jeep Wrangler X - Good Deal?

Sliver

Hi guys. I just signed up today - I've been thinking about getting a Jeep for a while as a third "fun" car for my family. And by that I mean I woke up a few days ago and randomly decided I wanted one so here I am today ready to pull the trigger.

I found one that may be a good deal, but I'd like your input.

I'll cut straight to the chase - it's $14,500 Canadian, which is about the same in US dollars. It has 23,000 kms (12,000 miles) on it, looks to be mint, has a two-tone leather interior, 6-speed manual, cd player with aux, soft top (no hard top), and the tires are in good shape. It's pretty much perfect as you would expect for something with such low kms. The soft top is perhaps a little faded, but maybe that's normal if it has lived outside for its life. Colour is green and it looks like there is a metallic fleck or something in the paint.

What do you think of the price?

Also, there is a uconnect button on the stero, but when you press it says the vehicle is not equipped with uconnect. Is that a simple/inexpensive thing to add? Anything else I should watch for/know about before I buy it?

TIA

not a bad price for such low miles. I'd expect something like that down here in fl to run a couple thousand more. is it private seller or a dealer?

It's from a dealer. It's been on their lot since March so that gives me some leverage; however, I suspect they started much higher and have dropped the price to the point where they aren't interested in negotiating anymore.

Thanks for your reply.

yea they most likely are just looking to get rid of it and stop paying to keep it. id say go for it and get an extended warranty if you can. just in case

I recently paid $12,500 US for a 2004 with 44K miles, had I run across your deal, I'd have gladly paid the extra $2K for a 4 year newer Jeep with 1/4 of the miles! Retail on the one I purchased here in GA is $16K per KBB, 2008's with 30K miles are selling for over $20K. I'd say it's an awesome deal!

Well I low-balled the guy with $13k but he'd only go to $13,900. A great deal for sure, but I decided to wait until January when I predict prices will drop further in Canada (a seasonal thing) and then throw a few grand more in and get a four door unlimited sahara.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys, thanks for your help and you'll probably hear from me again in a few months!

Used JK's are going to be getting less expensive and less resale with in the next couple months, in Aug. jeep will be fitting the pentistar V6 into the JK and the underpowered 1994 era mini van 3.8 boat anchor will go bye bye

Back