Tire question

Jules_tj_atx

What is the biggest and best tire anyone can suggest for my stock rims on a 2005 Wrangler? Would a set of rims and Goodyear Wrangler tires off a 2004 Jeep Rubicon work? I'm not sure of my bolt pattern.

Thanks.

Jules_tj_atx said:
What is the biggest and best tire anyone can suggest for my stock rims on a 2005 Wrangler? Would a set of rims and Goodyear Wrangler tires off a 2004 Jeep Rubicon work? I'm not sure of my bolt pattern.

Thanks.

Yes they will work just fine. Jeeps from 87 to 96 have the same bolt pattern. The rubicon tires will be larger than yours now.

Wheels with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern will fit your 2005 TJ. The 97 to 2006 TJ all had 5 on 4.5 bolt patterns. As for tire dimensions, 31X10.5 wil fit without rubbing at full turn.

The drawback to Rubi rims is they are 16's which will hit you in the wallet a little harder. They had 245/65(?)/16's, which equal about 30-31.

Stock rims are either 7" or 8", depending on the style. If you have the Canyon/Ravine, they are 8". The drawback to that is backspacing. Stock rims have more backspacing, so the tires will sit closer in to the frame.

Like said above, you should be fine with 31's. My nephew is running 31 X 10.5 with no prob at all. He got a little rub at full articulation when he was stock height.

Back