tires

Jazz

Cody 91YJ thanks for your help with the seats.
I'm new to the Jeep ownership thing so if I sound like a rookie I apologize. Can 31's (Michelin)fit on a stock 83 CJ. I'm getting a good deal on them ( Street Driving)
Thanks

Welcome to the world of Jeeps, Jazz, I hope you've got a big bank account as they usually end up being pricey :)

Anyway, I had 33s on my 85 CJ7 with no lift, but I would not reccommend this, because they would rub if I had alot of weight in the back (on the street). If you're only going to drive on the street, then the 31s should be fine, until you can find the time/money for a lift.

As far as a simple lift, you may want to want to look into a small body lift or a shackle lift (you could get either for about $100).

Good luck,
Terry

I have a 1974 cj-5 it has the shackles extended by 1.5 " and clears 31 X10.5 BFGs with no problems. No other mods should be needed unless the brake flex lines are really short, easy check is jack up the one end till the wheel comes off the ground and check to see how tight it is.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>For any ???'s on what fits and what hits see offroad.com tech articles under tires.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You have a double http:// in your link.

Is there another page with TJs and/or WJs on it? Other than the "TJs may use a 1" larger tire on the street" subnote?[addsig]

Back