Tires ????

mac

MY old yj has stock rims how big of tires can i install without hitting or causing turning problms or with out lifting,,,,,,???? my other jeep has huge thornbirds on it and are badely weather cracked i drive it also on the road will these tires blow out or just go flat it burns me to have to buy new ones when the tread is perfect thanks MAC :bomb:

With stock wheels, you cannot go big at all; even with aftermarket wheels and 31's, mine would rub on the flares with no lift...

With stock wheels, you cannot go big at all; even with aftermarket wheels and 31's, mine would rub on the flares with no lift...

Ya, anything bigger than 31's will rub no matter what. Either when turning and such. When I first got my TJ the stock rims were shot to hell, so I swapped them out cherokee rims. I run 31's on them and they are fine. Don't rub at all. If you dont have a lift, I suggest you don't go bigger than 31.

All the best,
Chris

Ya, anything bigger than 31's will rub no matter what. Either when turning and such. When I first got my TJ the stock rims were shot to hell, so I swapped them out cherokee rims. I run 31's on them and they are fine. Don't rub at all. If you dont have a lift, I suggest you don't go bigger than 31.

All the best,
Chris

The TJ has a bit more clearance than the YJ; on the YJ, even with 31's, it WILL rub...

Back