TJ wheelbase versus CJ wheelbase

greengeeker

I'm building an 81 CJ7 and need a new body. I've come acrossed a cheap TJ tub. Would it be possible to use this tub with a cj hood, fenders, and grill (to keep the look)?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I know you can interchange the CJ7 and YJ tubs but I don't think the TJ tub will work.[addsig]

Hey even if you had to go with the whole TJ look! It would be like haveing a 19 year old girl friend with a 40 year olds experence! Not a bad combo if you ask me
image-missing.png
Tug[addsig]

torch, welder, some body tools, creativity, and lots of patience... it will work... i'm surely not saying that it will bolt together in a day, or even a week.... but it's all possible... you're just bolting a sheetmetal box onto some steel rails and running some wires through it. From the way Tug puts it... ITS WELL WORTH IT[addsig]

wow. thanks for all the replies. a better question would be: is the TJ frame shorter than the CJ? if i match up the rear wheelwell on the TJ tub with the tires, and the wheel wells on the fenders, am i going to have a gap at the firewall? i realize you could pull the fenders back a couple of inches and that could potentially fix the problem. also, how different is the body mount pattern? close enough that i can use plates on top of the cj mounts or so far that i have to relocate them? thanks for the help.

[addsig]

Back