toyota 4 banger

Tink

i am not getting any compression to my #1 cylinder. Any one know what the problem is?
Thanks,
Tink

I need a "how to" on replacing a clutch on a '97 W

Tink said:
i am not getting any compression to my #1 cylinder. Any one know what the problem is?
Thanks,
Tink

Problem:
You own a Toyota.
Solution:
Sell it and buy a Jeep.

RE: SOA CJ7: too top heavy?

You don't have any compression in that cylinder? Was this engine running? :?

A valve not closing? Is the valvetrain cycling like it should with engine rotation?

RE: Anyone have glow guages?

Junkpile said:
You don't have any compression in that cylinder? Was this engine running? :?

A valve not closing? Is the valvetrain cycling like it should with engine rotation?
Lots of possibilities, how many miles are on the yota's motor?

So is it getting ANY compression at all? Will it run at all?

twisted no big deal I like a smart a$$, every now and then. no I cant get the thing to start, and i am thinking about selling it for upgrades but its kind of hard too....was my first vehichle and my mom got it for me and she passed about a 1 1/2 ago....so i am trying to get it running and fix it up for my son.

pull the valve cover and check the valve train - pos a stuck / bent valve but that will usually result in lots of popping (exhaust or intake depending...) if thats not it... pull the head and check if theres a popped (blown thru piston) but that usually pops thru the breathers... hmmm... how long since it ran? not likeley that the rings are all stuck up but possible.. valves are my bet - the popping usually only happens when its running on the other 3.... dont know if it helps but i'm tryin.... ;o)

Gas tank fix

So is it getting ANY compression in that cylinder? How is the compression in the other cylinders?

Have you checked the valves yet? I'd also say one is probably stuck.

RE: Gas tank fix

if there is absolutely no compression, I'd go with the stuck valve or the blown through piston theories

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee LIMITED! Low 52K miles!

dont know about compression in the others and i havent got to check anything yet the truck is at my uncles house and i didnt get to go up there this weekend. thanks for the comments though i will check it out and get back to ya.

Back