Transmission

Greywolf

Hey ya'll,

Does anyone know if there is another type of transmission (auto or standard) that will bolt up to the GM four cylinder that is in my 1981 CJ-7?

The thing has a lot of power and torque for a four banger (not ot mention really low mileage) and I can't afford a swap right now so I'll have to deal with that side of things. However, that sorry SR-4 transmission has got to go. It keeps kicking out of reverse. I know what is probably causing that, but if I can up-grade to something better than the SR-4 I will.

Lacking that, anyone have an SR-4 they want to get rid of? Reasonable?

Thanks,

Chris

if it is a GM bellhousing.... try something from a GM truck with the same engine from that year

I am assuming that it is out of a s-10 (sonoma too) cause that is the only 4 cyl that gm produces for a rear wheel drive. Get any transmission from these model. You can try a geo tracker or a suzuki side-kick-thingy, but those engines are not GM, that are suzuki and as far as I know they don't make a adaptor bell housing for them.

check some the after market companies, like advanced adapters, i was checking out their site. they seem to have a lot of custom bellhousing

Back