trany causing stalling?

RCJP

hi to all

my 98 GCL, stalls when iddling.
when I go to turn it on in the morning and let it idle the car will turn off by it self after about 5 to 10 min every time on the first try after that its hard to start again. even after it starts it will shut off again.
I go through this ritual every morning before going to work.

took it to 2 shops allready and no luck.
Check engine light is on with EVAP codes 455 and 422.
and ignition coil primary circuit code 351.

I cleared all the codes to see if the stalling would create a code. but nothing it lights up again after a few trips with the evap codes but no 351,

HELP

Do the preliminary checks with the fuel pressure, power and grounds. When it stalls and has a hard start, what's the symptom other than it cranks but no start? fuel pressure low? any spark?. The Evap. DTC's P0455 and P0442 will not cause a no start. However, the P0351 is a reason for concern and may cause this no start. Check the wiring harness routing from the ignition coil to it's secondary connectors for a chaffed wiring that may be causing a short to ground or short to voltage.

ok fuel preasure is OK, looked for grouns they loko ok to, for the 351 all ready but a new coil, but the code returned.

when it stalls the fuel presure stays the same. i checked this when I drove around with the fuel preasure gage attached.

I have been able to stop it from stalling if I down shift. but it doesnt work all the time.

I noticed that if i drive around for a while and let the teany fluid warm up I wont have the problem for the rest of the day.

thanks

Could be the lockup in the converter is sticking. best case: bottle of Lube Guard trans lube for Mopar trans (black bottle IIRC) worst case: new converter or valvebody repair.

Yup!, it may just be as simple as a solenoid in the valvebody.

Back