U-bolts/plates

cincy-yj

I am looking to replace the u-bolts/plates for my 94 yj w/leaf springs. I currently have a Dana 44 in the front and a 9" Currie rear end. Also have a 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty lift (spring-under)...
Anyone know of any place to find decent u-bolts/plates to fit? Thanks!

Good opportunity for a U-Bolt flip, if you ask me...

Find a spring shop that does work on trucks. They will make you any U-bolt you would like. They have dies to make round, square, and angled "U" ends and have all size and length stock to bend. I have been getting my U-bolts from a truck spring shop for years. I have even brought them wire mock-ups to copy when I had no originals left. Depending on size they have charged me from 10 to about 25 bucks each over the years (10 for "car" size / 20 for Deuce-and-a-half size) . The plates are an other story... I have always had to make my own plates unless a "standard" size truck or trailer plate happened to fit (won't fit a Jeep - too big) . Can you reuse your old plates? Best of luck - John

Good idea. No i need new plates. Mine are bent up with too much play. Think i found some that will work though. Thanks

Back