Under hood welder

Mikey4x4

I would just like to know if anyone has tried this welder i got one last weekend to do small jobs around the farm hay rings fences and what ever else on the trail I may tear up. I must say I do sale miller welders and welding supplies for day job and never had anything like this come thru my store mine will be here friday
Power Welder 175 AMP Heavy Duty Small-Case Alternator For 1989 And Up Jeeps & Dodges Products Model: PP175CF Manufacturer: Premier Power Welder Fits Vehicle: 1989-04 Jeeps Dodge Our Price: $969.95 Quantity: Premier Power Welder 175 AMP Heavy Duty Small-Case Alternator For 1989 And Up Jeeps & Dodges (TJs 2000 or newer need a $35.00 bracket from us). Premier Power Welder has revised the control box. Fewer switches make it easier to operate. We added a 4-stud stiffener mounting system that makes it easier to mount, fitting into the newest vehicles and cramped spaces. The design of the Premier Power Welder has track record of over 30+ years. Proven in all phases of use, including applications in military, municipal, farming, off-road, rescue, construction & maintenance vehicles. It is designed to be simple, reliable and functional without any unnecessary gauges, dials or lights. The Premier Power Welder's Control Box measures 4x4x9 inches. It contains the alternator's external regulator and has jacks for the welding leads as well as a 115-volt DC (maximum 2300 watts/20 amps) power outlet jack for non fluorescent lighting and brush-type power tools: grinders, drills, saws, and blenders, frying pans, blow driers, etc. Premier allows you to charge batteries from 6 to 36 volts in just minutes. With a Premier high frequency, 100% duty cycle welder, you can ARC weld, MIG weld and TIG weld JUST ABOVE ENGINE IDLE! The unit is also capable of running power equipment such as grinders, drills, saws and incandescent lights. Proven in all phases of use, including applications in military, municipal, farming, off-road, rescue, construction & maintenance vehicles Easy installation on any 12-volt negative-ground vehicle. Simply requires replacing the factory alternator with our specially hand-wound, high-performance unit, mounting the control box, and connecting only six wires within the Premier package. Standard mounting for the throttle control is under the hood. For mounting inside a service body or in the rear of a van, simply order an extension harness/ throttle. The design of the Premier Power Welder has a track record of more than 30 years as of 2009. Proven in all phases of use, it is designed to be simple, reliable, and functional with no unnecessary gauges, dials, and lights. The Premier Power Welder Control Box is backed by a one-year warranty. Premier Heavy Duty performance alternators deliver premium battery charging power, high output amps for continuous-duty welding, and 115 volts DC power supply. The high-frequency pulsating current created by the PREMIER POWER WELDER allows you to weld with 2/3 the amperage that a conventional welder requires. PREMIER IS AN ESSENTIAL TOOL for off-road, maintenance, utility, farm, construction, and rescue vehicles. Each welder includes the following items: Central control unit with solid – state regulator 6ft harness 6ft Verniered throttle control assembly Battery charging clamp Heavy duty alternator Installation instructions Instruction manual Fits Vehicle: 1989-04 Jeeps Dodge Our Price: $969.95

Any feed back would be nice I really hate dragging a trailer thru mud when cows tear stuff up it's always muddy when they do

Any feed back would be nice I really hate dragging a trailer thru mud when cows tear stuff up it's always muddy when they do
It works great! I have installed several and although I do not own one I have used it on the trail in both the regular PPW and also with the PPW Ready Welder spool gun attachment multiple times on my jeep as well as on my friends jeeps. I have welded with the spool gun and two batteries as well.

This happens to be one of them things that has a high price but IMHO it is worth it because it delivers every bit of what they claim.

just my .02

Cool I can't wait to try it. is the tig scratch start or thumb control or foot I never could find anything on it or looked right over it

Cool I can't wait to try it. is the tig scratch start or thumb control or foot I never could find anything on it or looked right over it

I have not used the TIG. Just the ARC and MIG. I would imagine it is scratch though based on the original ARC and MIG being constant current. The newer Ready Welder II they offer now has cold start. The old one you had to keep your eye on. :shock:

I've used this welder on the trail, it is convienent but pricey. I perfer to just carry around some welding rods wrapped in plastic sealed in some pringles containers and then just arc between a couple batteries. I made some connection and arc leads for about $80 all said and done.

I've used this welder on the trail, it is convienent but pricey. I perfer to just carry around some welding rods wrapped in plastic sealed in some pringles containers and then just arc between a couple batteries. I made some connection and arc leads for about $80 all said and done.

Someday I am gonna splurge and get the Ready Welder II and just carry that around. I love the option of MIG on the trail. I think it is $620 but I will find a used one for prolly half that if I am lucky. I just can't justify the box and alternator for the amount of time I would use it. For that matter I can't really justify the spool gun either unless I can get it for around $300.

$80 is a nice easy solution though. I am in no hurry as two of the fellas I wheel with have them. More interested in upgrading my diffs.

Jeepnutz said:
Someday I am gonna splurge and get the Ready Welder II and just carry that around. I love the option of MIG on the trail. I think it is $620 but I will find a used one for prolly half that if I am lucky. I just can't justify the box and alternator for the amount of time I would use it. For that matter I can't really justify the spool gun either unless I can get it for around $300.

$80 is a nice easy solution though. I am in no hurry as two of the fellas I wheel with have them. More interested in upgrading my diffs.

Where do u live I can set you up with jumper cable ends and electrode holder and ground clamp for less then 80.00 I do sell welding supplies:) if u want that rig cable is little high but get used in all the time

I am kinda interested in the price for clamps and electrode holder if it is comparabe to what I paid. Thinking about making a second set.

to add, that $80 is a rough estimate about 4 years after making them and that was for every thing, leads, clamps, cables etc..

Electrode holder 15 ground clamp 6 jumper cable ends 14 a pair #4 cable is 2.25 a foot new I'll look for some used give to at scrap price I'm in Kaufman tx

I'm in Boston MA, that'd be a ***** of a drive..

Not bad prices, I'll let you know.

Jeepnutz said:

I sale electrode rod holders holds 10# 4.95 ec lol

I just got the welder hooked up works good even on alum with spool gun I turned my bumper into argon tank going to make back bumper 75/25 weld mix next

Back